Anybody get home sick???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Greedo

Just on SSN that Capello picked Warnock as left back cover, because Baines suffers from home sickness and doesn't think he could cope with a month away in S Africa !

How bad must it be that you miss out in playing a world cup!!!!!

lazyfatgit

when I have to move home, i will probably feel sick.

darkstar

Don't understand it at all, i love being at home, but can quite happily leave for another country for months on end without feeling home sick.

BigSteev

Never have. Even as a kid I was always baffled by other kids apparent need to phone home all the time even if we were just away for a weekend.

Maizie

Veteran
I can understand it.
I was never a child who had to phone home or things like that.
As an adult I've developed panic disorder and agoraphobia. I occasionally have to travel for work, and it's great for the first few days, and then the excitement wears off and I just want to go home NOW.

Perhaps if I worked on something the magnitude of the world cup, it might be different. But then again, it might not.

Didn't Marcus Trescothick go through something similar?
It may be being labelled as 'home sickness' but it could be something a lot more than that

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
BigSteev said:
Never have. Even as a kid I was always baffled by other kids apparent need to phone home all the time even if we were just away for a weekend.

Yes I was GLAD to get away and even now I am GLAD to get away!!

It was always one big adventure to me, but I also realised that I was learning how to look after myself in a strange and new place (even if it was a family holiday) and that I could use the skills picked up in the future. I took every experience for what it had.

In fact, I feel sick when I get back home as I know that the grinding tedium and crushing boredom of every day life will resume once more.
I HATE getting home, it means my adventure has ended!

Dan B

Disengaged member
I got home sick last night. Still feel a little queasy now, as it happens.

Too much bbq and red wine will do that

Wigsie

Nincompoop
coruskate said:
I got home sick last night. Still feel a little queasy now, as it happens.

Too much bbq and red wine will do that

Are you my wife? :tongue:

longers

Legendary Member
I've had 6 different beds, tents or caravans in 6 days and am really looking forward to my own tonight. If it were here I'd not be wanting to go anywhere so not homesick, just bedsick.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
BigSteev said:

That's nothing!

I have a pal who rings his wife; on arrival at my house to pick me up, before, twice during and on completion of a 100km Audax then again when he's dropped me off - six phone calls in seven hours!!!

Dingerjsc

Greedo said:
Just on SSN that Capello picked Warnock as left back cover, because Baines suffers from home sickness and doesn't think he could cope with a month away in S Africa !

How bad must it be that you miss out in playing a world cup!!!!!

Sorry what was your post about? I either missed it as i am mentally blocking out the tournament as Scotland failed to qualify again or more likely i was mesmorised by the lovely Kim in your avatar!!:tongue:

Top Bottom