Anybody got any nice rides out of sw london say 20 mile circuits?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

karlos_the_jackal

Work in progress
Got my new baby on saturday , Boardman comp and need to get up to speed quickly as my commute is actually only 6 miles one way so looking to extend it a couple of times a week at least.

Any nice rides, was looking at a nice little mild climb route from tooting across to crystal palace but also looking for a fast and flat.

Thanks

croyde

I'm in SW London and I tend to head out on the A3 through Wandsworth up the hill to the big roundabout for Putney and Wimbledon then use the subway and thus the pavement down to Robin Hood Gate and get into Richmond Park. A couple of circuits of the park and then back home again and there is my 20 miles.

Sometimes I leave Richmond Park and cross the A3 and use the bridelways through Wimbledon Common and head up the hill that way and head through the village then home via Wimbledon Park and Earlsfield. Stamina has been getting better and sometimes I can overtake some of the MTB brigade going up the hill on my hybrid with 26 ins treaded road tyres. They do spin though when the gravel paths are very dry.

My originally daunting (to me) commute into Central London is no problem now.

laertes

Alternatively you could go through Richmond Park, come out at the Ham Gate (following National ROute 4 signs, I think) cross Ham to the river, down the cycle path, over the bridge in Kingston, and then either go through Bushy Park and come back via Richmond, or follow the river bend down to Hampton COurt, and then back through Thames Ditton, Surbiton, New Malden, Wimbledon etc.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I do a loop of croydon - west wickham - bromley - catford - forrest hill - Dulwich - tulse hill - streatham - norbury - croydon
Around 20miles, and i'm just working at getting it under an hour, but with all the traffic lights it's a bit hard.

Top Bottom