Anybody tried Morgan Blue carbon cleaner on matte frames?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I've had trouble finding something to remove the ingrained dirt on my matte frame. Recently I tried Solvol Autosol, which is a mildly abrasive chrome polish in a solvent, as used on motorbikes and it worked a treat. However I'm worried that it might polish a sheen on the frame or damage the decals if I use it repeatedly and yesterday at the Cyclist track day a mechanic recommended Morgan Blue carbon cleaner.

Has anybody used this? How good is it?

Velochris

Über Member
I find industrial wipes do the job. A neighbour swears by furniture polish but I've never tried that.

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
I use Mr Sheen to finish off after cleaning because it leaves a thin layer of wax on the paint, which makes it feel nice and smooth. I also clean windows and kitchen worktops with it.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Is that the stuff specifically designed for matt frames? I've used it but only as a finishing wipe over to get an even appearance (for about 5 minutes) after moving the real filth with soapy water. It's more like a solvent than a cleaner and I'm not sure it would be that effective getting a large amount of crap off.

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
I have emailed Morgan Blue asking for the CLP Data sheet, which will give me a clue as to the ingredients but so far no reply.

Top Bottom