Anybody tried this

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fastpedaller

Can't see that being very effective - especially if the road is a little damp.

D

Deleted member 1258

It will probably have the same problem the old dynamos that ran on the tyre did, in the wet it'll slip.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tenkaykev

Guru

Looked at the info, it looks remarkably cheap at $59. The blurb says the unit contains 18 off, 18650 batteries at 3.5 Amp hours, 234 Wh battery pack, then there's the sensors, electronics etc. It also advertises regenerative braking.
Here's the contact page, interesting phone number...

BEC6C8B4-59FA-4334-A9A1-49D2A9A93DB8.png

byegad

Legendary Member
The old Velosolex had a similar drive, but on the front wheel and using a petrol engine. As has been suggested traction loss in the wet was a problem.

It'll probably work ok for the people it's intended for - so not people riding bikes in the rain - very casual riders with small distances to cover.
Quite neat that the batteries are replaceable by the consumer - no need to hunt down a specific battery pack.
I can't see them showing up on the club run.

Sharky

Guru
The old Velosolex had a similar drive, but on the front wheel and using a petrol engine. As has been suggested traction loss in the wet was a problem.

I can see that that could be a problem. There is hill very close to us and I have to get out of the saddle to climb. But the road collects mud and leaves and my back wheel just spun round. Ended up walking last 20 feet or so.

Would work though if the battery allowed me to stay seated.

byegad

Legendary Member
I can see that that could be a problem. There is hill very close to us and I have to get out of the saddle to climb. But the road collects mud and leaves and my back wheel just spun round. Ended up walking last 20 feet or so.

Would work though if the battery allowed me to stay seated.

The issue is traction between motor's roller and tyre rather than tyre and road.

Top Bottom