Anyone bank with TSB?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
when they introduced their Business Banking Authentication app, if you tried to put it on an Android phone it required access to your contacts, pictures, videos, location, music - basically all the personal information linked to your Google account (which you had to have in order to download the app from the Google Play Store
This kind of thing really gets on my tit. T'other day I was looking to install a very simple pic-editing prog which lets you fool Instagram into letting you post pics that exceed its permissible format ratios - effectively, it puts a white border on your pics - and when I went to install it I got:

upload_2018-5-3_10-53-20.png

"Does it fark" I muttered, abandoning the install.

Reactions: mjr

Drago

Legendary Member
I dont have any of these problems with Coutts.

cd365

Guru
Used them since 1998, when I started my first job there.
Left there in 1997 but still kept my bank accounts there. Never really had a problem with them.

keithmac

Guru
[QUOTE 5232299, member: 45"]First Direct.[/QUOTE]

I'm with First Direct (for 18 years now), never had a single problem with them.

All UK call centre if on the rare occasion you need to ring them and always straight through.

They even refunded a double payment that was completely my fault (one was paid at 3am after a night out that I'd completely forgotten about!).

Trying to get my wife to switch over from the debarcle that is TSB but she's not having it..

Wouldn't go anywhere else personally.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I've been with FD since 1990 and I'd echo that. Best of the lot.
Isn't FD just an RBS brand?

Co-op bank do charity accounts, accessible at post offices. Not as good as they were before the vultures got the bank, but it works and I can't see them changing it much any time soon as they cling to anything that lets them claim to still be ethical.

subaqua

What’s the point
Isn't FD just an RBS brand?

Co-op bank do charity accounts, accessible at post offices. Not as good as they were before the vultures got the bank, but it works and I can't see them changing it much any time soon as they cling to anything that lets them claim to still be ethical.

NO . FD is owned by HSBC ..

D

Deleted member 1258

This kind of thing really gets on my tit. T'other day I was looking to install a very simple pic-editing prog which lets you fool Instagram into letting you post pics that exceed its permissible format ratios - effectively, it puts a white border on your pics - and when I went to install it I got:

View attachment 407142

"Does it fark" I muttered, abandoning the install.

I see this quite often on my phone and tablet and it gets on my T**s as well

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
NO . FD is owned by HSBC ..
Technically it is HSBC - but with different branding and operations. The legal entity and balance sheet, which are the most important bits in a bank, are the same as the parent bank.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next

rvw

Guru
*Waits for @rvw to give her experience of running a charity account with Coutts*.
They were actually pretty damn good - and didn't charge us an arm and a leg. We had a sweet deal - £600 per quarter flat rate for £10m turnover, several thousand payments and receipts each year, and about 8 different accounts for 5 different legal entities. Mind you, the relationship was quite longstanding - I still have somewhere a photocopy of a Coutts ledger from 1761 for the one of the constituent parts of the same organisation!

Compare that to TSB's £450 per annum for a charity with assets of £460k and turnover of about £160k ...

rvw

Guru
And now TSB are (a) unable to set up a new payee, so I can't get a bill paid; (b) only exporting the first 20 transactions of any given date range, not the 150 they claim - which means I can never, ever, pull off the information for all the 35 or so standing orders which all come in on the 1st of the month and (c) logging me off if I pause for more than about 30 seconds. And this is with the site supposedly fixed. Bah. I feel a stroppy phone call coming on...

Top Bottom