Anyone bank with TSB?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Do you want a bank that's 'exciting and dynamic'? Look what happened last time we had those...
logo_large_v_b2.gif

About as boring a logo as you could wish for.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I bank with TSB and they give me rewards of £10 a month to pay for stuff on my card and for a couple of DDs too. Never any issues with them either x so far at least. Only banked with them since April 1964 though.

gbb

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5142128, member: 45"]We were with the Co-op for years, and they were great. They quite quickly nosedived a couple of years ago, in terms of customer service (were particularly dismissive with an issue I had with their breakdown service), facilities (closing all our nearest branches and cutting customer benefits) and seemed to become nothing much more than an IT system.

So we changed to First Direct, and have had no complaints whatsoever. They answer your calls within a couple of rings, call you back, sort things out and are generally very accessible. So much so that we've just swapped our mortgage to them. I know that you're not asking about FD, but others might be interested to know.[/QUOTE]
Pretty much the same for me 'e the Co-op. I've been with them for nearly 40 years, always rated them, used to be plenty of branches...but no more.
Maybe 5 years ago I was staggered to be treated like some kind of fcukwit when trying to arrange a loan....loans they'd previously rang me, almost begged me to take with them at very favourable rates too...i was made to go through the most menial details, like I was some kind of pauper that'd run off with the money...i think I remember telling the guy on the phone...'forget it, you can sod your loan and if I get the chance, I'll move my account'...i was seething.
And maybe 5 years later....im still with them :laugh:...but I wouldn't give a fig about them.
Now there won' even be a branch in Peterborough...im even less inclined to stay with them.

robjh

Legendary Member
I was fearful of changing bank accounts having been with Natwest for the best part of 30 years but really glad I did. Have nothing but praise for Nationwide.
I've been with Natwest for 30 years. I don't ask for anything out of the ordinary, they don't give it- works OK for me.
I also have a Nationwide account I opened a few years back when they were much cheaper to use at foreign ATMs than most other UK banks (they're not really any more), but I don't use it much. For everyday banking I can't tell the difference.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I'm another long-term co-op customer, badly treated recently, so I'm using my Nationwide accounts more and wishing the www.SaveOurBank.coop well, which is the main reason I keep my co-op accounts, in the hope we can get the bank back somehow.

I used to have a TSB account but left over a cashcard dispute, where they insisted I visited my original branch to collect a replacement (not where I had moved to) at a time when other banks were posting cards out. I don't see anything interesting about Sabadell's TSB to make me try them again. Why would you?

gaijintendo

Veteran
[QUOTE 5225570, member: 259"]Sorry for the thread revival, but blimey, we still have no access to our TSB accounts, which is a major pain. Luckily we've got an account with another bank so the daughter's not going to get turfed out for non-payment of rent, but I can'T even log on to see my balance and they're seemingly not answering the phone to non-UK callers. Has anyone else been hit by the problems they're having?[/QUOTE]
I heard they are letting one customer use the website at a time...

MiK1138

Veteran
I got on today, there where no alerts or Loss of service messages on it so it seems to be sorted, however it was very slow

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Should be fine now. My internet banking was working this morning

srw

Should be fine now.
[QUOTE 5225582, member: 259"]I still can't get on at all. I don't have the app, though, only internet banking. They've said it might continue into next week - I bloody hope not![/QUOTE]
https://www.theguardian.com/busines...b05b151652a1a7#block-5ae18ac7e4b05b151652a1a7

Yes - it looks like next week for "something very close to normality".

A bodged systems change looks like costing them hundreds of millions in compensation, fines and remediations.

Reactions: mjr

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
https://www.theguardian.com/busines...b05b151652a1a7#block-5ae18ac7e4b05b151652a1a7

Yes - it looks like next week for "something very close to normality".

A bodged systems change looks like costing them hundreds of millions in compensation, fines and remediations.
I believe that the difficulty of merging systems was part of the "unacceptable level of risk" cited when the co-op decided not to buy TSB (then known as the Verde branches of Lloyd's) a few years ago. Lloyd's seemed keen to sell the co-op the TSB IT system with TSB. I wonder if they knew and whether they sold it to Sabadell similarly... and exactly how much sooner the co-op bank would have been lost if they'd bought TSB.

Try to keep two current accounts open. Can't trust any of them any more IMO.

rvw

Guru
I run some accounts with TSB for a local charity and it's been a nightmare. No access for over a week, and we have bills to pay and direct debits going out, with no way of seeing whether the cash is in the right place for those DDs to be honoured (thankfully they all were.) I had to queue up in the local branch for about 25 minutes just to get a statement printed to check.

But there was already a big issue before this: when they introduced their Business Banking Authentication app, if you tried to put it on an Android phone it required access to your contacts, pictures, videos, location, music - basically all the personal information linked to your Google account (which you had to have in order to download the app from the Google Play Store). Apparently iPhone users got to opt out of all that, but not Android users. And guess what - the free phone they sent out (because I wasn't willing to have this on my personal phone) was an Android...

I ended up creating a new Google account which has no personal data attached to it.

Then they sent all the activation codes for the multiple users of each account (because naturally, it's a business account, more than one person has access) on the same letter, and mostly to the wrong person. For one of the accounts they actually sent the letter addressed to someone who died in January.

But when I complained about both these, they claimed that neither was actually a breach of security and closed the complaint.

I'm looking for alternatives!

srw

[QUOTE 5232299, member: 45"]First Direct.[/QUOTE]
We're with them for personal banking (and they're brilliant) but they don't do charity or business accounts.

Top Bottom