Anyone been to Bournemouth?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mattonsea

Über Member
Don't take a donkey into Wiltshire! They don't hold with these new-fangled 'mammals'.

If the sun is shining the beach will be packed but like most places you don't have to go far for the crowds to thin out.
The walk along to Sandbanks or the other way to Boscombe is good.
If you are in the NT take the ferry from Sanbanks over to Brownsea Island.

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
It's where old people go to expire.

Need to update your information I think.

For a long time now Bournemouth is the place young people come to have fun, a few years ago some authorities were concerned with the number of nightclubs. The economic downturn put their worries at ease I think cause some nightclubs were forced to shut down.

When I used to work away and come home on a Friday night, I'd catch the last train from Waterloo and you'd find people from the continent coming to Bournemouth for the weekend.

This summer has been terrific and I should post a few pictures of the beaches on a Saturday. Wonderful beaches, they win the blue flags every year...... I've been on the Marriott's private beach in Marbella and all my family agree that Bournemouth beaches are superior.

The days old people would come to retire in Bournemouth are long gone. On the other hand people move out of London to Bournemouth and then commute to London, my neighbour does that, I think it's crazy but he says it's best decision he ever made.

To the OP, If you have a car then there's lot you can do, there is a dry slope Ski there is Monkey world , The oceanarium, Compton Acres, Cycle Track, Skate House Plenty of things to do and see in the New Forest. Bournemouth beaches, lots of family friendly pubs and international restaurants, cinemas, shopping centre, etc

Top Bottom