Anyone been to Bournemouth?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Eid Mubarak to you too, Bollo.
(Sheikh Google says it's tomorrow, btw)

Eid a day will do. Have a lovely holiday. :rolleyes:

I used to regularly drive a lady to Bournemouth and then collect her after a weekend. She was Jewish and there seemed to be a lot of hotels catering for that community. Long time ago now, so I suspect it may have changed.
Lovely once out of the hustle and bustle...Sandbanks for example? (Take your savings as you'll be smitten Maz.)
Anyway, you're more of a Cleethorpes sort aren't you? Bamfords postcards, candy floss, a wasp stuck to the cornet and a Kiss Me Quick-er? :rolleyes:

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Everyone's so old all the shop windows are bi-focal.

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
I've got some days booked off but not got any fixed plans. Was thinking of going to Bournemouth (or that area) for a short break with my family (wife plus 2 teens and a 7y/o). Is there plenty to do there? I'm more concerned about what to do if the weather is bad, really. Is it a good place to go for a family break?
Best Regards
Maz
The Oceanarium is great if it rains

Reactions: Maz

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Eid a day will do. Have a lovely holiday. :rolleyes:
I'm going to use that one tomorrow at the inlaws. I'll let you know how it goes down.
I used to regularly drive a lady to Bournemouth and then collect her after a weekend. She was Jewish and there seemed to be a lot of hotels catering for that community. Long time ago now, so I suspect it may have changed.
Lovely once out of the hustle and bustle...Sandbanks for example? (Take your savings as you'll be smitten Maz.)

Bournemouth still seems to be a popular day out for orthodox Jews (and maybe unorthodox ones as well - but that's harder to tell).

Ahhh, Sandbanks - If Maz has the savings to by more than a cornetto in Sandbanks, then he's my best mate ever and could he lend me half a million to tide me over?

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
I'm going to use that one tomorrow at the inlaws. I'll let you know how it goes down.

Bournemouth still seems to be a popular day out for orthodox Jews (and maybe unorthodox ones as well - but that's harder to tell).

Ahhh, Sandbanks - If Maz has the savings to by more than a cornetto in Sandbanks, then he's my best mate ever and could he lend me half a million to tide me over?

Happy Eid for tommorow and have a great trip wherever you choose and plenty if cake :-)

Mattonsea

Über Member
Lived in the New Forest man and boy for 42 years . So you have beaches , Forest, Bournemouth aviation museum , cinema , Bucklers hard,
Lymington, Salisbury Cathedral, Sandbanks, Red House Museum Christchurch. Don't go to Burley its a hole.

Berties

Fast and careful!
great tourist trade in the area from lymington round to weymouth,from monkey world to the new forrest some thing for all,
I love swanage,we have use of a beach hut and a holiday home there,a real old fashioned family resort,
Bournemouth is quick paced,full of foreign students this time of year,great beach and shop to you drop,again something for all

AndyRM

XOXO
I've never been to Bournemouth, though I've visited other coastal places: Hastings, Brighton and Eastbourne are my favourites.

Nobody seems to care when I tell them though.

Berties

Fast and careful!
Can I just point out that Salisbury Cathedral isn't in Bournemouth - or even in the same county...

1hour in a car from Bournemouth to see Salisbury cathedral and stonehenge is another 15 mins,lets face it not far when the yanks travel thousands of miles to see the same

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Two more serious suggestions. If you want tired teens, you could book them in for a windsurfing or kitesurfing taster. Poole Harbour is your best bet, although the activity centre at Calshot is a fair drive but very professional.
Another alternative is a day trip or round the island trip to the Isle of Wight. The nearest ferry to Bournemouth I think is from Lymington to Yarmouth. The IoW is very Marmite. Personally I'd use it for Anthrax testing (after evacuating most of the inhabitants of course) but it has some nice beaches and the novelty factor might appeal to the kids.

Top Bottom