Anyone been to Japan before?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Therefore, my advice to you is: learn to spell diarrhea.
I had a similar (though not nearly so severe) experience in France, when we had to keep stopping the car to let me throw up. I visited a pharmacist, where the staff spoke no English. I pulled together my school girl french and came up with "Je mange quelque chose, et maintenant je suis malade". She asked me a question, which I couldn't understand, and then we had a brief and hilarious session of charades, and appropriate medication was acquired.

SheilaH

I found Japan fascinating. They do urban living in a very different way to the UK, far more succesfully, from what I could ascertain. The food is great, I still crave that fresh sushi.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Hehe. Japan. Stay sober before you fly- I didn't.

Woman and I went out on the town the evening before I flew out for work. Got home 2.30 ish and when the taxi woke me at 5 for the 7 o'clock flight to Heathrow I'd managed to lose my wallet with my company amex and my own cards. Still pissed.

Got to Osaka with 400 quids worth of travellers cheques and nob all else. At the prebooked hotel, decided it was a good idea to shave my ample head with the hotel razors to get myself looking smart for the job. Twenty minutes later there was a big (still pissed) mancunian bloke with a bleeding napper asking for some more hotel razors 'cos the ones I had had lost their edge. The girl on the counter was surprised to say the least.

Try Himeji castle. Lovely.

Last edited:
Top Bottom