Anyone been to La Gavroche - Michel Roux's Restaurant ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Food was great, service excellent, not over attentive. I had rabbit for my main.

TVC

Ah, it's dross for the tourists who have no money or sense.
Its a bloody disgrace and the poor tourist think we can't even serve a decent steak. And how difficult can it be to do a decent steak, no additional cost. They just screwing the tourist.
My Production Manager had a weekend break in Larndun last year to go to the theatre. He was regaling us with his tales of the bright lights, and boasted how he had a wonderful meal at a real London Angus Steakhouse. Not sure how I kept a straight face, there again he does think Frankie & Benny's are a good place for a celebration meal.

Back to the OP, I've not been near La Gavroche, but I do fancy Raymond Blanc's place Le Manoir.

We have a really nice balti restaurant round the corner here in Finchley. It's cheap, the food is brilliant and it's run by a couple of lovely brothers. The cold cobra slips down a treat.......fark Michelin starred restaurants.
Funnily enough i can enjoy a lovely curry as well as a Michelin star meal. Restaurants are not mutually exclusive.

PK99

Legendary Member
Funnily enough i can enjoy a lovely curry as well as a Michelin star meal. Restaurants are not mutually exclusive.

I can, and do, cook curries as good as most local Indian (actually mostly Bangladeshi) restaurants (tandoori excepted, but if I get a Big Green Egg for my 60th, that will change...) I can match most of the Masterchef folks, But I cannot match the complexity and subtlety of Michelin 2/3 star food, hence I'm willing to pay for that.

It would definitely be a treat meal. I'd do 20 normal for one of those but I'd probably find that far more memorable.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Yes twice the food is lovely, its not poncy just a very good first class resturant and i spotted Monsieur Roux there himself.
I would be interested to know how often he is there.
Most of these famous chefs are never actually in the kitchen.

Top Bottom