Anyone been to La Gavroche - Michel Roux's Restaurant ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PK99

Legendary Member
Although it depends where you sit at Covent Garden, as the pdf shows. You can get 4 hours of Tristan and Isolde for a very reasonable £30. Much better than a ticket at the Emirates.

and you can get MRJnr food for around the same price (£40) at one of his other restaurants in London (set lunch at one of his hotel dining rooms), but the whole deal at La Gavroche is around the same price as the whole deal at the Royal Opera.

Personally, i would pay £200 NOT to have to attend an Opera at ROH, (having done so in the past and hated the experience every time)

PK99

Legendary Member
I would be interested to know how often he is there.
Most of these famous chefs are never actually in the kitchen.

A friend popped out front at Hospital Road for a fag, and met Gordon Ramsay getting out of a taxi pulling on his chef's jacket. A minute or two later GR was in the dining room glad-handing the diners

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
GR doesn't cook at Royal Hospital Road- Claire Smyth, now chef patron, does (saw her in the kitchen when I went there- though she has her own head chef now). Rachel Humphrey is head chef at Le Gavroche, but from what I've read MRJ is very much involved in day-to-day work there.

PK99

Legendary Member
GR doesn't cook at Royal Hospital Road- Claire Smyth, now chef patron, does (saw her in the kitchen when I went there- though she has her own head chef now). Rachel Humphrey is head chef at Le Gavroche, but from what I've read MRJ is very much involved in day-to-day work there.

I should have said that my anecdote is from a few years ago pre Claire Smythe (at least officially) GR was setting himself out as having been in the kitchen.....

OP
OP
A

Arrowfoot

£200 for this. I do like eating out. I do like a nice bottle of wine. But IMO this is not value for money.

But I'm happy to acknowledge each to his/her own and I'm sure Le Gavroche gives huge pleasure to many. It's just not for me.

My OH will think that I hit my head pretty badly as it not something I do. I d guess my way of saying thank you for leaving the home most weekends on my cycling trips. I also came to know that Michel is quite a character, a quiet philanthropist, a Marathon runner and someone with no airs. I was also told the the food is indeed good.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...

When you move to Oxford, Rocky, I'll cycle over and punch you in the face.

Top Bottom