Anyone bought a car from a car 'supermarket'?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rprodgers

Motorpoint was good on price and not as pushy as Carcraft

U

User482

The prices are very good, but I'd get the AA or similar to inspect the car.

llllllll

I bought a pre registered, new car from Jefferies Farm a couple of years back. The best thing with them is the range of cars they have on one site. You can see hundreds of different makes and models instead of having to go around all the different show rooms. If you're buying new, then once you've got a price, give a main dealer the chance to beat it. You'll get much better service, especailly if anything goes wrong later.
I paid cash and sold my car privately, usually a good starting point for negotiating a discount, but they weren't budging on the price. I know everyone else has already said it, but don't take their finance.

gbb

Legendary Member
llllllll said:
I bought a pre registered, new car from Jefferies Farm a couple of years back. The best thing with them is the range of cars they have on one site. You can see hundreds of different makes and models instead of having to go around all the different show rooms. If you're buying new, then once you've got a price, give a main dealer the chance to beat it. You'll get much better service, especailly if anything goes wrong later.
I paid cash and sold my car privately, usually a good starting point for negotiating a discount, but they weren't budging on the price. I know everyone else has already said it, but don't take their finance.

Is it just me...but i've never managed to get a dealer to shift on the price. I've tried quoting book prices (their prices are always higher than the book says), tried using trade in as leverage, tried not using trade in as leverage...nothing works. hard faced b'stards :biggrin:

Top Bottom