Anyone bought from Cycle Exchange?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
No but they have their showroom in Kingston which I visited a few weeks ago. All of their bikes are used, they’ve ticked the wrong box on eBay (accidentally, on purpose?). They are definitely not a pinarello dealer! I wouldn’t buy a 2.5k bike from them

Their eBay feedback % is low :wacko:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Distorted Vision
I'm considering buying a second hand Pinarello. Problem is that brand is generally purchased by experienced cyclists and not people that buy a road bike on a whim and only ride it a few times. Finding one with very low usage seems to be difficult.

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
I'm considering buying a second hand Pinarello. Problem is that brand is generally purchased by experienced cyclists and not people that buy a road bike on a whim and only ride it a few times. Finding one with very low usage seems to be difficult.

Why does it matter how much it’s been used if it’s been well looked after? It’s.not s car with complex electrics and mechanical parts which can wear out expensively!

If you’re local go see it but it won’t be new, won’t face manufacture warranty, could be lightly used though

If that’s what my heart desired as a forever bike, I’d buy new

I'd be very wary of buying a Chinarello copy. You need some type of provenance for a bike like that.

It’s also not full Ultegra, the shifters are Shimano 105 as are the hydraulic brakes and front mech, it’s only the chainset and rear mech that are Ultegra.

Jameshow

Veteran
It’s also not full Ultegra, the shifters are Shimano 105 as are the hydraulic brakes and front mech, it’s only the chainset and rear mech that are Ultegra.

That's a bit odd imho.

Chainset are usually the first things to be down graded?

Either it's been well used and items have been replaced not like for like, or it's a built up frame with parts bin stuff or it's a fake.

No but they have their showroom in Kingston which I visited a few weeks ago. All of their bikes are used, they’ve ticked the wrong box on eBay (accidentally, on purpose?). They are definitely not a pinarello dealer! I wouldn’t buy a 2.5k bike from them

Their eBay feedback % is low :wacko:

I thought that too but its one bad review biasing it, they don't actually have many ebay reviews. Google brought up 1000 reviews on Trustpilot with an average of 4.8/5 https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/cycleexchange.co.uk

Good spot. Their full description gives none of these details.

I'd rather buy a lesser brand than a budget pinarello with a hotch potch of kit.

DRM

Guru
Looks like a brand new Pinarello Gan in 105 spec is £3000, just need to verify it’s not a Chinese frame as mentioned above

vickster

Legendary Member
Cycle exchange do offer a 3 month warranty on carbon frames, I’d be surprised if it’s a fake but it does seem overpriced (and that’s not much warranty when paying top dollar from a business). They do have a lot of higher end carbon road bikes, not sure where they source from, maybe the MAMILs that are ubiquitous in that part of SW London who are upgrading across the river at Sigma?

Top Bottom