Anyone bought from Cycle Exchange?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
There is this one which is Ultegra Di2 but the frame is too big:

https://www.cycleexchange.co.uk/col...016-pinarello-gan-shimano-ultegra-di2-size-54

I think I need a 51.5cm Pinarello. Road bikes from other manufacturer's I'm a 54cm frame.

I didn't end up buying the Trek Domane that I wanted. I think I'll try and buy one second hand on eBay as sometimes barely used SL5 or SL6 come up for sale.

Will put the Pinarello idea on hold.

There’s another Gan there in your size
https://www.cycleexchange.co.uk/products/pinarello-gan-shimano-105-road-bike-2020-size-51-5cm

OP
OP
Distorted Vision
Yeah I saw but I don't like the frame colour.

Wooger

Why does it matter how much it’s been used if it’s been well looked after? It’s.not s car with complex electrics and mechanical parts which can wear out expensively!

If you’re local go see it but it won’t be new, won’t face manufacture warranty, could be lightly used though

If that’s what my heart desired as a forever bike, I’d buy new
Dura Ace cassettes are expensive enough alone.

That's an old bike isn't it with the very wiggly forks ?

That model appears to have been originally sold via Halfords in 2014.

https://news.cision.com/halfords/r/...offerings-from-pinarello-at-halfords,c9608313

Wooger

But you don’t need to use one of those as a replacement
But why are you buying an expensive used dura-ace bike if you're going to immediately downgrade the parts because they're worn? The parts with the biggest weight different between grades are all wear components.

And e.g. Di2 very much *is* complex electrics which are both expensive and hard to replace too if they're older.

vickster

Legendary Member
But why are you buying an expensive used dura-ace bike if you're going to immediately downgrade the parts because they're worn? The parts with the biggest weight different between grades are all wear components.

And e.g. Di2 very much *is* complex electrics which are both expensive and hard to replace too if they're older.
I’m not fussed about a few grams if functionality same. I’m not exactly lightweight myself. Bike weight is important to me when I have to carry or lift it, less so riding

Lookrider

Get a cheap holiday to majorca and polensa
Pinnerello experience hire just them bikes and usually have used ones for resale
I know it's not easy to just pop over to majorca
But you get to test them and sure they have make model size four you and it will be original pinnerello

Wooger

I’m not fussed about a few grams if functionality same. I’m not exactly lightweight myself. Bike weight is important to me when I have to carry or lift it, less so riding

Agreed, I'm not saying it's worth it to buy the $$$$ parts, but if that's true it's probably also not worth buying the $$$$ used bike that has the worn parts attached to it.

TomDW

Just to add to this thread. I bought a Tifosi Mons carbon from them this November. I was wanting a returns window and some sort of warranty on the carbon frame. This why you're probably paying a few £100 more than say on Ebay from a private seller. Certainly the bike looked almost brand new to my eyes. I think I would've like to have a test ride on it before purchase but as there was no way to reserve they did extend the returns window from my actual pickup date.

Top Bottom