Anyone buy those instant oats / porridge pots?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Clydesider

When at home I just have raw oats and milk in a bowl and microwave for 2 mins, done! no added sugar or salt, the only reason I was researching these instant pots was for a camping expedition..I would never bother with them otherwise!

Clydesider

So, for anyone interested....I went and bought some skimmed milk powder and made my own 'instant' porridge for going camping and It tasted great! far better than the disgusting ASDA / Oat so Simple Multigrain ones and MUCH cheaper

70% Asda smart price oats (75p for 1kg)
30% dried skimmed milk
touch of brown sugar

SIMPLES!

Sara_H

Guru
Looking for something cheap, easy and quick to make for lunches or a snack at work. These look an alright option, but probably loaded with sugar and salt.

Worth buying a batch?
When I'm camping I just take ordinary poride with sugar and milk powder mixed in.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Put 40g of normal porridge oats and 270g of semi-skimmed milk in a large bowl and stick it in the microwave for three and a half minutes on High.
Done.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
As above, but just bring to boil in a pan, turn off the heat and leave until cooler.
Are you entirely mad!:eek:

That involves more washing-up.

Keith Oates

Janner
I have porridge every morning, unless I'm travelling, and I use 'Quaker Quick Cooking Oatmeal'. I put 5 heaped table spoons of the oatmeal in a large open topped bowl and then pour boiling water over it and stir, then I put it into the micro and cook it on High for 2 minutes, when that's done I take it out and stir it again and then let it cool down. After about 15 minutes it's cool enough for me to eat. I don't put any sugar, milk or anything else. I tried a packet of instant porridge at one time but I thought there was not any "body" in the porridge when I ate it so I've stuck with the Quick Cooking type.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom