Anyone cleaned their sensor on their digital SLR?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Melvil

laurence said:
don't use a blower brush!

you can get air blowers... you put the camera in sensor cleaning mode (locking the mirror up) and then aim the nozle at the sensor from a short (but not too short) distance away and then squeeze so it blows the dust away.

easy. done it a few times now.

for anything more problematic then take it to a shop.

don't put any liquid on the sensor.

PS: oystercatchers aplenty today in Cramond

Really? Didn't even know there were oysters there! Or perhaps I'm scared as they might give off that tritium glow that other things in the forth and on the shores of fife have!

OP
OP
C

Crackle

bobbyp said:
Easy alternative, leave the dirt on the sensor, avoid small aperatures and if anything does show up use the healing brush in photoshop.

Doing that but it's becoming increasingly less easy, so it's time to bite the bullet.

I'll get a decent blower first and try that. If that doesn't shift all of it, I'll look at the various sensor cleaning kits.

Anyone got a camera which cleans the sensor and does it work?

Melvil

Crackle said:
Doing that but it's becoming increasingly less easy, so it's time to bite the bullet.

I'll get a decent blower first and try that. If that doesn't shift all of it, I'll look at the various sensor cleaning kits.

Anyone got a camera which cleans the sensor and does it work?

I'd also be interested in any replies to this as might upgrade...

Melvil said:
Really? Didn't even know there were oysters there! Or perhaps I'm scared as they might give off that tritium glow that other things in the forth and on the shores of fife have!

they eat other shellfish too. there were also turnstones and loads of redshanks.

got some nice pics with the 500, even though it was cloudy. still far away as the incoming tide was moving them off from their feeding patches all the time. i'll try and remember to post one when i get back home.

as for blower brushes, good for the lenses, not sensor as small hairs might come off. use a 'rocket' blower for dust.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Wrong place to ask about cameras - cycling forum..hmmm, all be it I have a compact camera that is just about as close to an SLR as you can get without lense changing - Fuji 9600 - been great, if overly big compared to my Konica Z3 that my darling kids broke, by dropping it.........

an oven at cramond

2371592029_9a628ee2b5.jpg

yup

the tide was coming in fast though, so all the little sand islands vanished quickly and they'd scatter. they were less nervous when there was water between them and humans too.

Top Bottom