England : Lancashire Anyone doing this:

Discussion in 'Sportives' started by asterix, 22 Jul 2012.

1. asterix

asterix Comrade Member

About the Ride With Brad Sportive August 19th 2012

http://www.bradleywigginsfoundation.org/site/index.php?Itemid=27

2. geo

geo Well-Known Member

As much as I'd like to, that climbing would see me off !!!

3. NotthatJasonKenny

NotthatJasonKenny Faster on HFLC

With those hills I'd still be on the ride when they start the 2013 ride!

4. ColinJ

ColinJ It's a puzzle ...

The gradients listed on the King of the Mountains page are way out! (The hills are actually much steeper.)

5. DCLane

DCLane Found in the Yorkshire hills ...

I've looked at it, along with a couple of other events on the 19th. Need to clear it with SWMBO first.

Edit - I've decided to do the Evans King of the Pennines event instead. Probably less 'Wiggo fanboy/wannabe racer'?

6. PaulB

PaulB Guru

I'm in. I've done it every year it's been held but we chickened out of the longer route last year as the weather was so awful.

7. aJohnson

aJohnson Senior Member

I'd be tempted to do the shorter ride(60m), but I don't think I can afford to pay 40 for a sportif at this moment in time.

8. PaulB

PaulB Guru

Don't pay. Just co-incidentaly happen to be riding a route similar to that on that day.

9. Ajay

Ajay Veteran

I wouldn't pay £40 for the ride as it's on "my" roads. £40 for a nice photo with Saint Bradley however would be worth it!

10. PaulSecteur

PaulSecteur Specialized fanboy

I like a sportive, and this seems like a good `un... But forty kwid???

11. DCLane

DCLane Found in the Yorkshire hills ...

True - the Etape ones are £61 though. There's a couple of others that day as well; Evans are having their King of the Pennines from Skipton (£25) and their's Phil Lidgett's CTC one (£27) from Sheffield.

Given that I've had to pull out of my last 2 due to injury I'm still deciding .... :wacko:

12. Rumeigg

Rumeigg Active Member

Its on my roads as well - live right in the middle ( lucky me :thumbsup:) Every penny raised goes towards Wiggo's foundation and if that means helping a future champion realize their dream, then its money well spent.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice