England : Lancashire Anyone doing this:

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

asterix

Comrade Member
About the Ride With Brad Sportive August 19th 2012

http://www.bradleywigginsfoundation.org/site/index.php?Itemid=27

Come and join me on a challenging ride through the stunning Lancashire countryside and experience the roads and climbs I regularly train on. This brand new event has been specially organised to help celebrate the launch of the Bradley Wiggins Foundation. I look forward to welcoming you all and riding alongside many of you on what will be a special day for all the family.
"

geo

As much as I'd like to, that climbing would see me off !!!

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I've looked at it, along with a couple of other events on the 19th. Need to clear it with SWMBO first.

Edit - I've decided to do the Evans King of the Pennines event instead. Probably less 'Wiggo fanboy/wannabe racer'?

PaulB

Legendary Member
I'm in. I've done it every year it's been held but we chickened out of the longer route last year as the weather was so awful.

Ajay

Veteran
I wouldn't pay £40 for the ride as it's on "my" roads. £40 for a nice photo with Saint Bradley however would be worth it!

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I like a sportive, and this seems like a good `un... But forty kwid???

True - the Etape ones are £61 though. There's a couple of others that day as well; Evans are having their King of the Pennines from Skipton (£25) and their's Phil Lidgett's CTC one (£27) from Sheffield.

Given that I've had to pull out of my last 2 due to injury I'm still deciding .... :wacko:

Rumeigg

I wouldn't pay £40 for the ride as it's on "my" roads. £40 for a nice photo with Saint Bradley however would be worth it!
Its on my roads as well - live right in the middle ( lucky me :thumbsup:) Every penny raised goes towards Wiggo's foundation and if that means helping a future champion realize their dream, then its money well spent.

Top Bottom