Anyone done the Oulles climb off the Col d'Ornon?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Just like @Winnershsaint , I'd like to know what it's like, because it sounds like a nice one to ride up. There is this description:
http://www.cycling-challenge.com/alpe-dhuez-oulles-and-col-dornon/
but if any forum member has done it, can you share how you found it?

OP
OP
Winnershsaint
Capture.JPG

We are looking to do Oulles, Villard Reymond out and back and then go to the top of the Ornon before returning to Bourg D'Oisans

andrew_s

Legendary Member
If you want to be adventurous, you could do the Col du Solude first, via Villard-Notre-Dame.
It is a track rather than a tarmac road though.

OP
OP
Winnershsaint
Not at all adventurous. Wouldn't go along D219 if you paid me anyway. Can't climb, can't descend and suffer from vertigo. Will give all balcony roads a miss. Sometimes I wonder why I'm going:blink:

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
If you want to be adventurous, you could do the Col du Solude first, via Villard-Notre-Dame.
It is a track rather than a tarmac road though.
How much of it is unsealed? I read it was partly unsealed, but couldn't find how much. A Col de Solude loop from Le Bourg d'Oisans is on my to-do list.
(No idea when I'd be doing it, though, given I have to travel across the world just to get to that general area)

Actually, I think I just answered my own question. As far as I can tell from Google StreetView, the unsealed part is from Villard-Notre-Dame to Villard-Reymond, about 4.2km long.

Last edited:
Top Bottom