Anyone drive a Toyota C-HR HYBRID ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I know.......another car question :wacko:.
Our circumstances have changed and we no longer need 2 cars.
We are thinking (and its early days) of trading both in for a slightly new one.
A bit early to arrange a test drive.
Read just one report and that was very mixed.
Just wondering if any CCrs have one.

Wife has one, the 'Dynamic' model
Apparantly, though 'revamped'/updated

From looking at them previously. I'm glad to see that the silly blue line has gone from inside

Dynamic has full LED exterior lighting (inc, headlights), 'sequential front indicators'

So, for (month old vehicel?), she's seeing average of 73MPG
This is from someone, who could get an average of 42MPG from my Octavia estate (1.6Tdi, remapped), whereas I can see 55MPG average

Reply properly later

Any questions, I'll try to answer

Drago

Legendary Member
Not driven one, but the hybrid uses the Pious drive train in updated form. Mrs D had a Pious and I loved it, but it left her cold. The driving style one adopts to best exploit the epicyclic box suited my chilled and relaxed approached to motoring.

gbb

Legendary Member
I gather hybrids do require a change...or the right approach to driving to get the best out if them. Acquaintances of ours had an Auris hybrid and she complained bitterly she couldn't even equal her old petrol car economy...but I suspect she needed to adapt her driving style.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
I gather hybrids do require a change...or the right approach to driving to get the best out if them. Acquaintances of ours had an Auris hybrid and she complained bitterly she couldn't even equal her old petrol car economy...but I suspect she needed to adapt her driving style.
Interesting......me thinks some research is needed. I just thought they automatically produced better mpg.

byegad

Legendary Member
We were loaned a Yaris Hybrid while our Yaris Automatic was in for a new loom. 6 weeks and 1000+miles later we got well over 25% more miles to the gallon. More importantly Lady Byegad, who routinely knocks 10% off our mpg when she has it for the day was actually adding to the mpg!
Our next car will be a Hybrid.

Drago

Legendary Member
Interesting......me thinks some research is needed. I just thought they automatically produced better mpg.

If you just drive it like a normal car you'll see a minor improvement, but not a great deal. You soon learn to coax the loud pedal in tune with the hybrid display and the improvement in MPG then starts to become seriously nice. For example, at, say, 65 on a motorway, a difference of 1mm on the pedal could be the difference between running the whole way on petrol, or having a near continuous motor assist. The magic display tells any half way intelligent driver the info they need.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
I suppose that much as I love Toyota's approach, i am far from an admirer of their new design architecture.

Put simply, it's hideous!

D

Deleted member 26715

I suppose that much as I love Toyota's approach, i am far from an admirer of their new design architecture.
Put simply, it's hideous!
It's modern innit bro, get wi it
I have to agree, it is a little give a child a crayon shape but not quite as bad an the Honda Type-R

Dan B

Disengaged member
Toyota Prius rear light clusters look like Ming the Merciless's lapels

I had no idea they had Sturmey Archer gears though, thanks Drago. Hopefully no false neutrals in second

Drago

Legendary Member
Aye, you have to fill up the hub with 3in1 every 500 miles ;)

The epicyclic box sounds horrific, but they're massively reliable and seamlessly smooth. Very clever engineering indeed.

Top Bottom