Anyone drive a Toyota C-HR HYBRID ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
YES!!!
More 'flexible', as there's comparatively more torque at lower RPM
It also 'feels' perkier, as the revs seem to build quicker (no 'performance' air filter, as far as I know, just a new one, when mapped)
Again, 'feels' as though it will rev higher (rarely go above 3000, anyway, unless 'engine braking')

Seemingly no difference in economy

It passed MoT test in July, with no mention/advisory, about emissions
(EGR was previously removed)

If you are brutal with it, experiment only, not my regular style!, it will spin a wheel even on the change up to 3rd!! (damp road)
Granted the tyres are worn, but still on 2mm+

Evergreen, (front pair) as a manufacturer, & presently on 40,000miles +

The printout I was given
View attachment 424506

Theoretically it's the same as the 2.0Tdi (150BHP)

Without seeing figures throughout the rev range, I doubt it's the same as the XKR we had
That generated more torque by 1500RPM, than the (naturally aspirated) XK8 did at its peak!

Would I recommend it to you?
Yes

I got my recall letter, but didn't go, as it would doubtless have overwritten the remap
(recall, due to the VW emissions/MPG scandal)
Tyre wear was one thing a colleague mentioned.
He has an early 2000s Octavia VRS (he actually has 2 Octavias, the standard TDI runaround has 230k on it and still reliable, although he realises that may not last that much longer)...but a friend of his has/had the same model VRS and had it remapped and the owner said it was mental and shredded tyres far too quickly.

Very good car though IHO.

As I stated; 40,000 miles on the Evergreen tyres
Nothing fancy, in fact, only about £50 each fitted

It is, supposedly, one of the better far-east factories, that buys good equipment, & supplies

byegad

Legendary Member
Lady Byegad has owned, the old style 1.33 manual Yaris, an automatic 1000cc Aygo, two new shape automatic 1.33 Yaris and has just ordered a 1.5 Hybrid Yaris, I've had an Auris 1600cc.
the old Yaris and my Auris were kept for 6+yrs, all other 2-3 yrs and all but the Auris were bought brand new. my Auris had 8k on it at 10 months.
You could say we like Toyotas, but in the 80s-90s we had a succession of Renaults. In both cases we find a good garage and buy from them.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Lady Byegad has owned, the old style 1.33 manual Yaris, an automatic 1000cc Aygo, two new shape automatic 1.33 Yaris and has just ordered a 1.5 Hybrid Yaris, I've had an Auris 1600cc.
the old Yaris and my Auris were kept for 6+yrs, all other 2-3 yrs and all but the Auris were bought brand new. my Auris had 8k on it at 10 months.
You could say we like Toyotas, but in the 80s-90s we had a succession of Renaults. In both cases we find a good garage and buy from them.
I'm on my second Yaris too, but can't help feeling the newer ones are not as well built as they were a few years back. Dad had a couple of Avensis which was a nice, comfy car to drive.

Top Bottom