Anyone else bake cakes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Here's but a few of my cakes, this year..

_20190909_195845.JPG

A Harry Potter cake, for my granddaughters 11th birthday.

DSC_0672.JPG

Daughter's 30th birthday cake.

DSC_1750.JPG

An 'Alp' cake, for my cycling buddies visit to Les Alpes to ride a bit of the TdF route.

DSC_1945.JPG

And, a couple of days ago, a Spiderman cake for my grandson's 5th birthday. (He had a Morrisons Lorry cake last year)

I also made my daughter's 3 tier Wedding Cake, but don't have a pic to hand, presently.

:smile:

sleuthey

Legendary Member
Made Mrs S a Traditional Cornish Sponge cake for mother's day this year. Comprises of 1 sponge cake cut in half then the halves placed on top of one another. Coincidentally has the benefit of only requiring one baking tray :okay:
IMG_20190329_163730051~2.jpg

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

These one's are for special occasions, so they're made a day or so before. Hence, time for a photo :tongue:

tom73

Guru
Love baking hardy make much these days though. Unless mrs 73 needs some for work or meeting friends. Use to bake every week. Always do plenty for Christmas though just like my mum use to. Have to see what cake pics I’ve got.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Yes i do but nothing as extravagant as @PeteXXX 's

I also like doing fruit crumbles

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

I was slightly worried that Jude (age 7) might find it too ''lifelike'' to eat it but he had no such scruples! For the record, it was a moist chocolate cake underneath.
Good plan with the chocolate cake. I was going to do the 3 layers in the spiderman cake alternating red and blue, but then thought the kiddies would already be bouncing of the walls with the red icing without even more added colourants :laugh:

Top Bottom