Anyone else come across this before

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
What he says makes sense but he is bound to be slated on here, merely because he is a lorry driver.

Steve

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
What he says makes sense but he is bound to be slated on here, merely because he is a lorry driver.

Steve
Not necessarily - there was a taxi driver on here recently, had had a close encounter with a cyclist (i.e. nearly knocked him off) and wanted to know if he was wrong or if it was the cyclist who had put himself in danger. When I approved his initial post I thought he would get slaughtered, but everyone was polite and sensible and agreed the cyclist was at fault.

Goes to read the article...

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
Hopefully we can get a few more HGV drivers on here. At present wes appear to be on the same fence looking at the problem from our side only.
Some of the responses on trucknet have been what was expected.

Brandane

Legendary Member
There are quite a few HGV drivers on here, myself included (although I will confess to not having driven an artic for over a year now due to lack of work locally). I have been driving taxis instead, but all could be about to change once more.
There have been quite a few discussions recently on here, sometimes heated, about HGVs and their suitability for our roads. The driver in the video on the link makes some good points. He also demonstrates - again - that artics don't have massive blind spots, as long as their mirrors are clean and properly adjusted. That demonstration is from 10:05 on the clip.

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
Stop reading as soon as I read this "No, in my opinion the answer is our roads...."

Dont remember roads climbing up off the floor and killing people.

jarlrmai

Veteran
Its simple blame diversion, they want to believe that something intangible and unchangeable about roads makes them dangerous not the combined actions and attitudes of the users of those roads and some users in particular.

Top Bottom