Anyone else deliberately load themselves up.......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

betty swollocks

large member
........for better 'training effect'?
I have a 16 mile commute over undulating ground.
Much harder with more weight - obviously.

Kies

i have a laptop,cables,paperwork + cycling associated gear to lug around in my rucksack = good training.
still doesn't make me quicker on the good bike :cursing:

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
I tend to load up with pies , but thats not good for training, then again i just ride nice rides, so have nothing to train for.

If you go out for a ride and go at your own pace and enjoy the ride, is that a ride or training, or to train do you have to suffer.

fatblokish

Guru
In preparation for touring last summer, I loaded each pannier with 2 litres of bottled water. Partially to see how I'd respond to the extra weight, partially to see how the bike would respond.

Paddygt

I once put a concrete block in my trailer to see what it was like going up hills
And? Often wondered what it would be like to tow a full trailer. I used to have one of those one wheeled trailer bikes for my daughter to pull behind me (she would only pedal when we were going downhill :angry: ) Now, at 19 she is far to big for such a thing but I did consider a two wheeled, as in a trike with no front wheel, trailer so that I could take her out with me. She tends to like to look around too much and the single wheel was too unstable, a quick turn to one side and I was all over the place.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I do not need to carry extra on purpose, bike easily came in over 40 llb coming home today , i had this in the panniers...
trousers
sweatshirt
t shirt
pants
sarnie box
gilet
tool kit , multi tools, tyre levers, chain tool, quick link, tyre boot etc etc
2 inner tubes
mini pump + c C02 inflator
waterproof leggings
keys
phone