Anyone else getting hacked off with waiting for a Canyon?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy-56

Regular
Great service indeed and excellent news on the fitting. I found the service in general from Rose to be so efficient you'd think they were German ^_^
They sure have put right the Canyon debacle and that took a lot of putting right. Canyon should be banned from trading internationally until they can get their house in order. They advertise constantly but can't fulfil their orders. By contrast Rose let their own customers do their advertising.

Andy-56

Regular
So I emailed Rose Bikes yesterday afternoon about needing a shorter stem and I just received received an 'item despatched' email this morning ...it's on it's way already..I really can't fault the service,
My 90mm replacement Ritchey stem turned up yesterday, much to my surprise since I only emailed Rose on Monday afternoon. All fitted and ready to go apart from 1 thing.... The SRAM Force Front Derailleur isn't as smooth going onto the big ring as it should be. I've tried all sorts (backing off the outer limit screw half a turn) but I seem to have to hold the lever in place and ease off pedalling to get it to hop across. I've heard they can be tricky so I guess it's going to take a bit of getting used to. I don't suppose anyone else has SRAM FD?

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
My 90mm replacement Ritchey stem turned up yesterday, much to my surprise since I only emailed Rose on Monday afternoon. All fitted and ready to go apart from 1 thing.... The SRAM Force Front Derailleur isn't as smooth going onto the big ring as it should be. I've tried all sorts (backing off the outer limit screw half a turn) but I seem to have to hold the lever in place and ease off pedalling to get it to hop across. I've heard they can be tricky so I guess it's going to take a bit of getting used to. I don't suppose anyone else has SRAM FD?

I think @vickster uses SRAM and may be able to advise.

One is supposed to ease off pedalling when shifting anyway, and I don't use sram, but I reckon that the outer limiter screw isn't the thing here. That is to stop the chain jumping off the outer side of the big ring. You probably need to either increase tension in the cable by refitting it a bit tighter, or use the barrel adjuster on the cable to nudge the front mech cage out a touch. That should help it to push the chain across onto the big ring. BB

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Is it SRAM 22? They have a slightly strangle angle on them to allow using all 22. I found this bike shop page helpful http://www.artscyclery.com/learningcenter/sramyawfrontderailleurs.html

Andy-56

Regular
One is supposed to ease off pedalling when shifting anyway, and I don't use sram, but I reckon that the outer limiter screw isn't the thing here. That is to stop the chain jumping off the outer side of the big ring. You probably need to either increase tension in the cable by refitting it a bit tighter, or use the barrel adjuster on the cable to nudge the front mech cage out a touch. That should help it to push the chain across onto the big ring. BB
Yep tried that but will persevere thanks bud

Andy-56

Regular
First road ride ever on the Rose today since my last road ride on the 'Road Comp Boardman, 22nd November and although tired legs from too much turbo lately...it's superb!
Much more of a dropped racing position than I'm used to(with the smaller frame) and although still some front derailleur probs, she will see me right this year. :smile:

Last edited:
First road ride ever on the Rose today since my last road ride on the 'Road Comp Boardman, 22nd November and although tired legs from too much turbo lately...she's superb!
Much more of a dropped racing position than I'm used to(with the smaller frame) and although still some front derailleur probs, she will see me right this year. :smile:

It! It!!

huwsparky

Über Member
First road ride ever on the Rose today since my last road ride on the 'Road Comp Boardman, 22nd November and although tired legs from too much turbo lately...she's superb!
How many spacers did you order under the stem?

Andy-56

Regular
All very lovely....but all fur coat and no knickers I'm afraid.
So many people, myself included have witnessed their Appalling customer service. I at least tried to become a customer. They promised me delivery and no bike ever came. 2 months of my life wasted.

Now I'm a Rose customer and my bike is superb. It's a Rose X Lite CRS 4400 and weighs 6.80 kg with pedals. I paid £1760 for it, delivered.
I won't be looking at Canyon ever again, I don't need to.
www.rosebikes.com

wahla21

Regular
I sold my Canyon recently and the fella who bought it said he ordered his from Canyon in early November, by the time he bought mine in January Canyon had postponed the delivery 4 times and it was now due in June 2016!!! So, he cancelled of course.

Shambles.

Top Bottom