Anyone else getting sick of these YouTube ads?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mustang1

Guru
I don't mind watching adverts, but lately I've been getting a glut of these types of adverts:
Engineer gets fired for inventing drone.
Engineers get fired for inventing vacuum cleaner.
Engineers gets fired for inventing...
Engineer gets fired for inventing and it's going wild in the market, everyone is buying it (and that's why we're giving you 50% off today).

It's always along similar lines... some engineer finds a way to get super fast wifi, and gets fired coz he was a whistle blower, so he go a bunch of engineers who also got fired (coz the company put profits first or some crap) and then only 3-12 months later, they have developed a revolutionary gadget or somoe crap, and for today they are giving 50% off coz it's revoutionaising the market and everyone is buying it.

FFS. Stop it already.

Make some good ads and target them at me and I'll happily (not that happily) watch them. It's like there is some template that these muppets adopt and sprout out the same 5hit over and over. /Rant.

Gunk

Guru
Where are these adverts popping up?

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
Having said that, the adverts here are pretty low brow as well:

Dave7

Legendary Member
On my normal google search I get those amazing, revolutionary, cant live without ads for a miracle WIFI extender.
As I have poor reception in the conservatory I clicked on it the first time. After watching the first couple of minutes I closed it down......absolute drivel

Moodyman

Legendary Member
You tube ads used to be very clever and relied on your browsing and video watching history to give relevant ads.

Since the lockdown, I think they've been using the increased viewing to bombard folk with any ol cr8p.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Yeah,i'm sick of you tube ads as well! They feck up the continuity of what i want to listen to. Yes,i know you can 'skip the ad',mostly after 10 seconds of the shoot,but i like to listen to vids when i'm for example,having a shave. You can't start fiddling around with your laptop with wet,soap covered hands! Not only crap you tube ads,but newspapers online keep sticking up shoot ads like 'This funeral arrangement or this shower head is taking Accrington by storm'! Have you ever heard such rubbish?! Why would a fecking shower head take anywhere or anyone 'by storm'??!!:laugh:

Top Bottom