1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone else have a worse start to the day?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by got-to-get-fit, 23 Aug 2007.

1. got-to-get-fit

got-to-get-fit New Member

Set off on my 12 mile commute at 5.30 am after having slept in. Had acid heart burn all the way there from a dodgy curry last night, got half way there and realised i had forgotten to fill up my water bottle, when i was 1.5 mile from work i hit a pot hole and got a puncture.
    I have one of those compressed gas canisters that seal and inflates your tyre in seconds. However i was only 1 and a half mile from work so as it was 7 quid for the sealant i didnt want to waste it on this minor emergency. Also as i was such a short distance from work i couldnt be arsed stopping and changing the innertube.
    I finally walked into work much to the ammusement of my colleagues and have just realised that the spare innertube i thought i had in my saddle bag is actually sitting at home in my garage.

...........i swear to god the first person that crosses me today is so going to get it.....!xx(:B)!:biggrin::biggrin:

2. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Ah, never mind the day an only get better...............at least I hope so or you may end up killing someone:wacko:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

Poor you! Hope it gets better!

4. asterix

asterix Comrade Member

It's horrifying the effects a dodgy curry can have:ohmy:

5. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

No, but I had a bad evening yesterday. I rode into town to get a train ticket for Friday (you can only book your bike into the system at main stations, as the local ones don't have the right system -ridiculous I know).

I locked my bike up and went to do my business. Then I went back to unlock the bike and remembered that the lock key was on the car keys, which my wife had. We took the bikes on holiday so I had moved the keys around.

So durr-brain here had to catch the train home, wolf down his tea, then drive back into town to pick the bike up, before going out.

6. ajevans

ajevans New Member

I can beat that for a worse start:

Woke up at my gf's house, and had to use her facial cleansing products in the shower which didn't suit my delicate skin's ph balance, causing it to feel a little tight for about 5 mins. xx(

Then to add insult to injury, she only had orange juice that was 'made from concentrate'. The humanity! :B) :biggrin:

:biggrin:

7. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

The best "worse start" I know didn't happen to me (I wish it had, because then it's more fun to talk about) but my cousin.

He dated a girl who was deaf for a couple of years. He worked shifts, so one morning he got up at about 5am and let himself out of the front door. He then realised that the porch doors were still locked. Not having his keys on him (he'd just stayed overnight) he couldn't get back into the house. There was no point him trying to bang on the door, as she was asleep and couldn't hear anyway.

He was trapped for a couple of hours.

8. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

What's it worth to not send this to her, to show how appreciated she is?:biggrin:

Got-to-get-fit, that's a bad start. Surely things can only get better?

9. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

Oooh, blackmail and extortion on the CC forum...whatever next???????????

10. got-to-get-fit

got-to-get-fit New Member

I trust she is now your X Girlfriend.

11. Twenty Inch

Twenty Inch New Member

I had a worse start:

Woke up at 6 feeling refreshed and well-rested. Shower at just the right temperature, new razor for a smooth shave. 2 boiled eggs at JUST the right stage of runniness, and fresh home-made bread for breakfast.

Didn't miss my train, and no chavvy oiks with earphones sat next to me.

Lovely cycle ride into work, felt strong and fit, had a nice "Good morning" from the dog-walker in the park.

NOTHING whatsoever to complain about. Can you imagine it? What am I going to talk about for the rest of the day if I can't whinge about something trivial?

12. ajevans

ajevans New Member

It was a close call, but I've decided to send her to a re-education camp instead!

PS so glad she doesn't come on this forum! :biggrin:

13. postman

postman Legendary Member

He dated a girl who was deaf for a couple of years.Can she now hear Mr Paul. Sorry could not resist.Bad joke As i have just started wearing hearing aids brilliant now,only one drawback can hear her indoors now.

14. longers

longers Veteran

My ex Father In Law got hearing aids last year and was amazed at how much noise he made when he went for a pee. He's very tall.

15. postman

postman Legendary Member

Brilliant just brilliant.The humour on these boards is better than the telly.No wonder beginners are afraid to join. But it is all good fun.First night i forgot to turn them off.Wife was up during the night to find out what the whistling noise was .Every time i snored they gave off a response.