anyone else have a worse start to the day?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

got-to-get-fit

Set off on my 12 mile commute at 5.30 am after having slept in. Had acid heart burn all the way there from a dodgy curry last night, got half way there and realised i had forgotten to fill up my water bottle, when i was 1.5 mile from work i hit a pot hole and got a puncture.
I have one of those compressed gas canisters that seal and inflates your tyre in seconds. However i was only 1 and a half mile from work so as it was 7 quid for the sealant i didnt want to waste it on this minor emergency. Also as i was such a short distance from work i couldnt be arsed stopping and changing the innertube.
I finally walked into work much to the ammusement of my colleagues and have just realised that the spare innertube i thought i had in my saddle bag is actually sitting at home in my garage.

...........i swear to god the first person that crosses me today is so going to get it.....!xx(:B)!:biggrin::biggrin:

Keith Oates

Janner
Ah, never mind the day an only get better...............at least I hope so or you may end up killing someone:wacko:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ajevans

I can beat that for a worse start:

Woke up at my gf's house, and had to use her facial cleansing products in the shower which didn't suit my delicate skin's ph balance, causing it to feel a little tight for about 5 mins. xx(

Then to add insult to injury, she only had orange juice that was 'made from concentrate'. The humanity! :B) :biggrin:

:biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
ajevans said:

Woke up at my gf's house,

What's it worth to not send this to her, to show how appreciated she is?:biggrin:

Got-to-get-fit, that's a bad start. Surely things can only get better?

Melvil

Arch said:
What's it worth to not send this to her, to show how appreciated she is?:biggrin:

Got-to-get-fit, that's a bad start. Surely things can only get better?

Oooh, blackmail and extortion on the CC forum...whatever next???????????

OP
OP
got-to-get-fit

got-to-get-fit

ajevans said:

Woke up at my gf's house, and had to use her facial cleansing products in the shower which didn't suit my delicate skin's ph balance, causing it to feel a little tight for about 5 mins. xx(

Then to add insult to injury, she only had orange juice that was 'made from concentrate'. The humanity! :B) :biggrin:

:biggrin:

I trust she is now your X Girlfriend.

I had a worse start:

Woke up at 6 feeling refreshed and well-rested. Shower at just the right temperature, new razor for a smooth shave. 2 boiled eggs at JUST the right stage of runniness, and fresh home-made bread for breakfast.

Didn't miss my train, and no chavvy oiks with earphones sat next to me.

Lovely cycle ride into work, felt strong and fit, had a nice "Good morning" from the dog-walker in the park.

NOTHING whatsoever to complain about. Can you imagine it? What am I going to talk about for the rest of the day if I can't whinge about something trivial?

postman

Legendary Member
He dated a girl who was deaf for a couple of years.Can she now hear Mr Paul. Sorry could not resist.Bad joke As i have just started wearing hearing aids brilliant now,only one drawback can hear her indoors now.

longers

Legendary Member
My ex Father In Law got hearing aids last year and was amazed at how much noise he made when he went for a pee. He's very tall.

postman

Legendary Member
Brilliant just brilliant.The humour on these boards is better than the telly.No wonder beginners are afraid to join. But it is all good fun.First night i forgot to turn them off.Wife was up during the night to find out what the whistling noise was .Every time i snored they gave off a response.

OP
OP
got-to-get-fit

got-to-get-fit

thought i'd post an update on my terrible start.

Had a tough day at work, lots of meetings and problems cropping up so found it hard getting the time to change the innertube. eventually had some time at 4pm. just inserted the first tyre lever when i got a call from my boss asking for a quick chat. Got back from the "quick" chat at 6pm.
Started in earnest again changing the tube.
Got it on fine but could i bugger get they tyre back on i mean it was like trying to lever a prostitutes knickers back on. It eventually took me an hour and 15 mins to change an innertube, the tyre levers took so much abuse they heated up and just kept bending and flexing when i stuck them under the tyre. My new shirt also got covered in oil.
Can anyone tell me why the tyre would not go back on??????
they wheels are Vuelta Crossers and have really large rims. they are on a claude butler milano.
I was so knackered getting the tyre on my 12 mile ride home was like an act of attrition.

i am currently trying to wipe yesterday from my memory!!!

I went out for a quick 20 miler, forget to apply the "tropical strength" insect repellent to my legs and arms as most of the roads have got a layer of either cow sh*t or horse sh*t on them!

Result - I woke up yesterday with a numb,swollen right lower leg - from the knee to mid shin thanks to a horsefly bite. xx(:biggrin:

Hasn't stopped me from going out on the bike though, this time with repellent.

Top Bottom