Anyone else off to see The Wall tonight?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lullabelle

Banana
Another drip on the wall?

Bit more than a drip

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I thought the film was great, but not the cinema 'experience' (first time I've been to a cinema for 25yrs) Guess I'm just turning into an 'old git' but I'd far sooner have watched it at home on DVD, plus the fact that Maz and I had been having a row since before we left home (about what I still don't know) didn't help.
I just hope Roger releases it so I can watch it without the distractions and pause it whilst I go to the loo.
One good thing though about going there though was bumping into an old friend, Kevin Hewick, and having a natter about an old musician friend of ours, Jackie Leven, who sadly died of prostate cancer, Kevin had attended his funeral and wake down in Hampshire which was apparently a riotous evening just as Jackie would have wanted.(the last time I saw Kevin was at Jackie's last 'gig' at the Musician where we were talking about organising another 'Stornaway Girls' performance with Dan Britton who was also there) Kevin also gave me a copy of his latest CD on which he'd written a song in memory of Jackie but it was too late to play it when we got home so I've got that to listen to later.
All in all a strange night but it'll be the last time I ever go to the Cinema.

OP
OP
T

TVC

If you thought that cinema was bad, try the Odeon or Vue, they stink of burnt popcorn, the floor and seats are sticky, people talk continuously whilst they check facebook.

The Phoenix was actually very civilised by modern standards, I think we will go again.

Regsrding the film, he did say it was going to be the only showing, but I find it hard to believe that the concert part of the presentation won't be on dvd for Christmas.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
If you thought that cinema was bad, try the Odeon or Vue, they stink of burnt popcorn, the floor and seats are sticky, people talk continuously whilst they check facebook.

The Phoenix was actually very civilised by modern standards, I think we will go again.

Regsrding the film, he did say it was going to be the only showing, but I find it hard to believe that the concert part of the presentation won't be on dvd for Christmas.
The fact is was stated that it would be the only showing was the reason I went but for me the really good bits were the personal stuff. As for the concert I thought the visual effects were stunning but I'd have preferred a different band line-up similar to the 'In The Flesh' band but I'm a fan of Doyle Bramhall.
As for the sound it didn't help that I had to sit at the side due to my bad leg that means I have to walk with a crutch and also cannot sit for more than an hour without being in considerable pain so I'm forced to stand up and walk about to ease that. I could have sat closer to the centre but that would have meant annoying other people when I was forced to get up.
Overall I'm glad I went though.

OP
OP
T

TVC

The fact is was stated that it would be the only showing was the reason I went but for me the really good bits were the personal stuff. As for the concert I thought the visual effects were stunning but I'd have preferred a different band line-up similar to the 'In The Flesh' band but I'm a fan of Doyle Bramhall.
As for the sound it didn't help that I had to sit at the side due to my bad leg that means I have to walk with a crutch and also cannot sit for more than an hour without being in considerable pain so I'm forced to stand up and walk about to ease that. I could have sat closer to the centre but that would have meant annoying other people when I was forced to get up.
Overall I'm glad I went though.
You forgot to mention Andy Fairweather-Low who is a dude :okay:

Our dvd of In The Flesh gets played quite a lot, Doyle Bramhall brought a lot to that line up.

OP
OP
T

TVC

I agree the personal story made the film, (I must have got something in my eye on a couple of occasions). I suppose if you understand Roger's personality and politics then you will get it, if you don't then it could just look like a self obsessed ego stroke.

Top Bottom