Anyone else register for the BWC this year?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chriscross1966

Über Member
Yes, within minutes of it opening..... :bicycle:^_^

OP
OP
Kell

Kell

Veteran
FingersCrossedEmoji.jpg

OP
OP
Kell

Kell

Veteran
Dear Bromptoneer,

You are currently on the reserve list for the 13th Brompton World Championship final. Unfortunately you have been unsuccessful in the initial draw however you will hear from us by Monday 5 March to confirm if any places have become available.

We had an incredible response to this year's race with riders from over 35 countries entering the ballot. Whilst we would love to include everyone in the race, we are limited in the number of people who can safely ride on the track. The reserve list is a way of ensuring we can include as many people as possible in the race.

Thank you for your patience, we will be in touch shortly to confirm.

The Brompton Team
Prudential RideLondon

chriscross1966

Über Member
Dear Bromptoneer,

You are currently on the reserve list for the 13th Brompton World Championship final. Unfortunately you have been unsuccessful in the initial draw however you will hear from us by Monday 5 March to confirm if any places have become available.

We had an incredible response to this year's race with riders from over 35 countries entering the ballot. Whilst we would love to include everyone in the race, we are limited in the number of people who can safely ride on the track. The reserve list is a way of ensuring we can include as many people as possible in the race.

Thank you for your patience, we will be in touch shortly to confirm.

The Brompton Team
Prudential RideLondon
Same here... Fingers crossed

OP
OP
Kell

Kell

Veteran
I'm in...

"Dear Bromptoneer,

Congratulations! You've now been allocated a place to ride in the 13th Brompton World Championship final.

The Brompton World Championship final will take place on Saturday 28 July (time TBC) as part of the Prudential RideLondon festival of cycling races in St James's Park, London.

Please follow the link below to complete your entry and pay the £50 race entry fee to confirm your race place. This must be completed by 17:00 on Monday 19 March.

<Link>

We look forward to seeing you in July!

Best regards.

The Brompton Team
Prudential RideLondon"

Last edited:

chriscross1966

Über Member
See you there, I got my upgrade from the reserve list too :-).... Now I've got to finish off the racing special, get fitter and lose a couple of stone... Got no hope in the real race but would like to do OK amongst the older riders and I definitely plan on having the prettiest bike

Last edited:

mitchibob

Über Member
I got in, 2nd time lucky, or maybe an apology for me paying to replace the BB that went in a few months, then recalling it months later. Then again, still have to pay for my place, so just lucky I guess. Except that I've also got to ride the Ride London-Surrey 100 for the Stroke Association the next day, on same Brompton, so that'll be my excuse for not making a massive effort on the Saturday, honest. I think I best book some holiday for a day or two after.

OP
OP
Kell

Kell

Veteran
I may or may not be able to make it now.

I'm having an operation on my shoulder on April 19th, and will be spending a month in a sling, with the surgeon telling me that it will take up to 4 months t ofeel back to normal.

I'll have to play it by ear.

mitchibob

Über Member
I may or may not be able to make it now.

I'm having an operation on my shoulder on April 19th, and will be spending a month in a sling, with the surgeon telling me that it will take up to 4 months t ofeel back to normal.

I'll have to play it by ear.

Sounds like me last year. I hope the surgery goes well, but being religious about the physio exercises afterwards helps a lot. Although, my hands still don't feel the same. I wish you all the best for speedy recovery!

OP
OP
Kell

Kell

Veteran
Well, I'm back on my bike after the op, but have some catching up to do.

As a test I went out last night and did the 8 lap course as it's just down the road from work.

Not difficult (other than the traffic lights and pedestrians randomly wandering across the road). I imagine the biggest problem on the day will be weaving in and out of people.

Top Bottom