Anyone else signed up for the '09 Brompton World Championships?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveu

BWC

I've left it too late :evil: - the event is now full.

If anyone is registered but can't now go (or is going but no longer taking part in the 'race'), please let me know.

Steve

OP
OP
Amanda P

Amanda P

Legendary Member
I'm back. I've joined the CycleChat Team for the race. I've put a new chain and new sprockets on my Brommie. I've put SPD pedals on it. I've even ridden it to work today in training.

Now then, how are we going to meet up on the day, Chaps?

Will1985

Über Member
No tie! - I'll be on the TT first. Yellow 170 off at 09:40:00.

I collected dellzeqq's Brompton last week and took it out for a ride on Sunday afternoon - haven't tried sprinting out of the saddle yet, but otherwise I really like it. I'll give it a thorough ride this afternoon or tomorrow.

Out of interest, what average speeds do you guys manage? 35km/h should get you in the top 10!

OP
OP
Amanda P

Amanda P

Legendary Member
I've no idea what speed I do on a Brommie - I've never had a reason to time a journey until now! I'm riding it to work and back and trying to do it briskly, so I'll put on a Tesco's £2 computer tonight and let you know.

It won't be 35 km/h though!

Will1985

Über Member
Just seen on another thread that CotterPin will be there doing the TT.

Cranky

Will1985 said:
No tie! - I'll be on the TT first. Yellow 170 off at 09:40:00.

I collected dellzeqq's Brompton last week and took it out for a ride on Sunday afternoon - haven't tried sprinting out of the saddle yet, but otherwise I really like it. I'll give it a thorough ride this afternoon or tomorrow.

Out of interest, what average speeds do you guys manage? 35km/h should get you in the top 10!

My Brommie's a basic three-speed with a reduced chainring so I bob along at about 15mph max. I certainly won't be a threat to anyone competitive!

Darryl

I would manage 35km/h but the drag from the suit and tie limits me to nearer 15 as well. Competed in this last year and will be back to try again at the weekend

OP
OP
Amanda P

Amanda P

Legendary Member
I fitted a cheapie computer last night, and I've just done the sums on this morning's commute by Brommie. 26.5 km/hr over 11 km.

This was not wearing a suit and tie though. And I'm not going to win anything with that sort of speed, so I'm not going to be serious competitor either.

Darryl, are you joining Team CycleChat?

Top Bottom