Anyone else suffer from eye 'floaters'?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Good opticians now have retina photography and a handful of really good ones have MRI scanners for the retina so will be able to spot signs of a problem even before your GP. If you're lucky enough to live in Lancashire, Junaid at Ideal Eye Care in Wilpshire, Blackburn, has one and is a first class bloke.

keithmac

Guru
Thank you all for your replies.

Struggling a bit this week esp' whilst driving as it moves around quite rapidly and is disconcerting.

I've read that they can 'fall' to the bottom of the eye out of the line of sight and that rolling an eye up and down or side to side can shift them - doesn't work for me. It seems to be moving about within its own small segment of the total field of vision whilst changing shape.

Might sound a bit like an over-reaction from me I guess but it has occurred in my 'good eye' - in '94 I nearly lost my left eye due to a pseudomona infection. Was in hospital 5 days whilst they got it under control - followed by a long rehab' period. It left me with a 6mm dia' scar just off centre of the iris - not really discernible unless you know it's there. Oddly it doesn't seem to affect my vision too much as apparently my brain fills in the blank area.

I'll have to wait and see if the floater goes or if my brain gets used to it.

I've read about laser zapping being an option in some circumstances but I guess that's a premature reaction. Anyone here had this procedure carried out?

A bloke who pops into work was in last week, he'd had laser treatment for an eye problem caused by diabetes the week before and they've managed to blind him in one eye.

He's now signed off work and said in hindsight he would have declined the treatment if he'd known.

They're now weighing up surgery to try an correct it

Don't be blasè about laser eye surgery, it can go pretty badly wrong..

Rider75

I ended up with floaters in my left eye after cataract treatment - plastic lens insert They said it was junk from that in the fluid. Anyway, the eye went mist again and the plan was to drain the fluid out and replace with synthetic fluid which was clear. When I got there they decided to do laser treatment. I'm not technical on this - but they cut a hole in the lens (I presume) or somewhere. Took about 15 mins. I an now see 99% clear from that eye - the misty stuff has gone - plus the floaters which were also annoying being right in the middle. So now well pleased

Worth getting a check with an optician as new procedures and treatment is happening all the time. I was originally told I was stuck with the floaters

I don't think the use knievs btw - physical stuff is done with a mini vacumn

Last edited:
Top Bottom