Anyone fall off today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Like me? Came off turning a corner in a car park. It could have been worse as I wasn't going fast. Annoyingly, that caused my chain to come off and I spent about ten minutes trying to get it back on without getting my hands oily - FAILED. Nearly came off at another blackspot, despite me being aware of it. Climbing the hill, my rear tyre slipped with every down pedal. I hate icy roads like this.​

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Lesson - always carry mechanic gloves, then you don't get your hands dirty ;)

I didn't fall today, I knew there was a burst watermain down my road and purposefully turned off before I got to it.

carolonabike

I didn't fall but I was slower and more careful than usual. A gorgeous sunny morning though.

YF, I carry a pair of disposable latex gloves in my puncture repair kit. They weigh nothing and take up barely any space. They come in very handy (see what I did there ^_^)

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Sorry to hear about your off...
Having come off on a heavy frost last February I took it nice and easy for the first part of my commute (through the back roads) today

cloggsy

Boardmanist
Fell off on my way home last Wednesday; not weather related though, some muppet left a nice slick of diesel on the road at a junction. I bent my deraileur hanger, deraileur etc. :angry:

All fixed now though... ;)

2pies

Veteran
I fell off, quite heavily. Just back from A&E, no broken bones but they stitched up a bit of a gash on my chin. Feeling quite sore with many bruises and will have a nice battle scar.

I won't be riding when the temperature is below 2 or 3c in the morning. Black ice is too dangerous.

akb

Veteran
I had a slippy-wheel-brown-pant moment after a nice long down hill. Was doing 32mph and lightly breaked. Didnt stop the rear wheel skidding slightly. Stayed upright though and continued the rest of my journey a little bit slower...!
The weather was beautiful. I usually have a small compact in my rucksack; left it at home though after forgetting to re-pack :angry:

leemo

Commuter
Didnt fall, but speaking both literally and figuratively my rear end went this morning. Coming out off Lougborugh road, right into Brixton road there was a little patch of black ice.

I should have taken the bike with spike tyres, but its a bit slow and thought I would wing it. Lesson learnt and I will take it tomorrow.

HovR

Über Member
Took the MTB today, which is equipped with 2.10 wide knobblies. Still had one wheel spin moment, and one sideways slip, but managed to stay on the bike!

potsy

Rambler
Took it very easy this morning, being early and dark I didn't notice the amount of ice on the verges at some points until I came home in the sunshine later.
Had 1 slight wobble on the TPT coming home, then another more severe one caused by a patch of mud.
Not a day to be setting speed records that's for sure :cold:

Top Bottom