Anyone fitted 28mm tyres to a Synapse?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

*Dusty*

Returning Hero.
It has 25mm fitted right now but for that bit extra comfort on our pitted country roads I would like to fit 28mm tyres. Anyone done it? It's not the disc brake model, just a sora Synapse.

rb58

Enigma
Don't they come with 28s? Mine did. I swapped them for 25s. To be fair though, mine is disc braked.

pclay

Veteran
Which synapse do you have?

I have fitted bontrager hard case in 28 mm onto my alloy synapse 2014 (with rim brakes) in the past. It is a very tight fit though, and you can only get the wheels past the brakes with the tires deflated. So I took them off a few weeks later.

OP
OP
*Dusty*

*Dusty*

Returning Hero.
Which synapse do you have?

I have fitted bontrager hard case in 28 mm onto my alloy synapse 2014 (with rim brakes) in the past. It is a very tight fit though, and you can only get the wheels past the brakes with the tires deflated. So I took them off a few weeks later.

2015 Sora model. Thanks everyone, the 25's aren't unbearable but there's a lot of bad tarmac where I live and it's definitely "buzzy"!!!

vickster

Legendary Member
Let a little bit of air out the tyres first if you are running high psi and see how that works?

OP
OP
*Dusty*

*Dusty*

Returning Hero.
Let a little bit of air out the tyres first if you are running high psi and see how that works?

I am not a light man Vickster!!! My wifes tyres are 23mm and running about 85psi and when I sat on it to test the gears they were, lets say, under pressure ;)

I'll try it though, thanks!!

vickster

Legendary Member
Could try 100?

Top Bottom