Anyone going veggie this Christmas?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I’d like to have my traditional turkey or one of the alternatives but my wife has gone vegetarian now so I might have to follow. What non meat alternatives are there? I think I might enjoy that just as much but wouldn’t know what to get.

Animals-Meat.jpg

The Jogger

Legendary Member
I went vegan a few years ago and while the rest were tucking into the turkey, I had something from M&S meant to be a xmas delight for veggies. it was very nice but F knows what it actually was. They seemed to have a fair selection of xmas veggie treats but my advice is don't do it. The next year everything was back to normal for me.

Nut Roast, home made sage and onion stuffing, brussel sprouts, roast potatoes and numerous veg. A couple of glasses of wine before I get down to the serious business of sharing the ten year old home made Slivovice.

I do not miss meat and dairy at Christmas or any other time to be honest.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Nut Roast, home made sage and onion stuffing, brussel sprouts, roast potatoes and numerous veg. A couple of glasses of wine before I get down to the serious business of sharing the ten year old home made Slivovice.

I do not miss meat and dairy at Christmas or any other time to be honest.

...but...but.......no cheese? At Christmas?...think of the children....

Drago

Legendary Member
Is turkey not a vegetable then?

Duc gas

Über Member
Erm, hate to say this but we have reared 2 turkeys from chicks this year called Bernard and twizzler, not sure how things will go! We could all be vegetarian come Xmas day?

Bit off the wall, maybe, but tempted to suggest a whole roast cauliflower? Caveat - I've tried a few recipes, and none quite "perfectly hit the spot" ... but I've got close :whistle:.

pjd57

Veteran
My 36th or 37th veggie Christmas.
I can't be bothered with nut roast stuff.

I usually make Christmas dinner for the rest , Turkey , chicken , whatever and have the traditional veg and maybe a couple of veg sausages or something quick and easy.

I can make the good stuff every other day.

Sweet potato and red pepper potato cakes tonight were superb

Top Bottom