Anyone going veggie this Christmas?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No mention of this sh*t ?
Tastes like Christmas....................................wrapping !!

CHxFjo3W8AAFVMo.jpg

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
I’d like to have my traditional turkey or one of the alternatives but my wife has gone vegetarian now so I might have to follow. What non meat alternatives are there? I think I might enjoy that just as much but wouldn’t know what to get.
You gonna start wearing a dress aswell.:wacko:

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
Probably our fifth Christmas? I make a ten inch Yorkshire pudding each and fill it with the usual Christmas roast minus the meat. Roast and mashed potatoes, roast parsnips, carrots, anything we can from the allotment and at least two types of stuffing. We'll go on a long walk to find some sweet chestnuts and these will form the basis of one of the stuffings. I'll also make some good rich onion gravy as well.

I will do a small tray of pigs in blankets as well as my son and wife quite like them.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
So far we've had:

Nut loaf - aka meatloaf without the meat.
Veggie sausasages - aka sausages without the meat.
Vegan wellington - beef wellington without the beef.
Several iterations of roast dinner without the roast.
And roast cauliflower - which is, admittedly, not based on a meat dish.

None of the suggestions have any seasoning to speak of. There's half a world out there of cuisines based on mainly vegetarian dishes with interesting combinations of herbs, spices and seasoning. Where are the dhals, the stir-fries, the bhiriyanis? Even, for heaven's sakes, the pestos, the hummouses or the grilled cheeses?

It's enough to make a carnivore continue eating meat!

AndyRM

XOXO
I'm making soup, a stir fry, roasted tofu and smoked hummus and. Had a trial run cooking for 8 in a decrepit kitchen tonight and I reckon I should just about be able to manage.

If not, f*ck it, there is a cracking Indian place at the end of the road.

None of the suggestions have any seasoning to speak of.
Not quite - just haven't found the right seasoning for the roast cauli yet :tongue:.

There's half a world out there of cuisines based on mainly vegetarian dishes with interesting combinations of herbs, spices and seasoning. Where are the dhals, the stir-fries, the bhiriyanis? Even, for heaven's sakes, the pestos, the hummouses or the grilled cheeses?
You're right!

Aye - but I'm spoiled. Your dhals, stir-fries and biryanis are ... often on my table. Your pestos and grilled cheeses ... naaah.

Irani veggie recipes? Or Turkish? Imam Bayildi (trans - "the imam fainted").

Top Bottom