Anyone got access to a lathe

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Looking for some bushes/sleeves/tophats to be turned on a lathe, fairly simple job just don't have access myself, rough sketch attached, need to firm up the dimensions once I know I can get them made, can be mild or stainless steel, or aluminium, I need 8 of them

sleuthey

Legendary Member
If you can get the search terminology right you’d be surprised what you can get on eBay pre manufactured. Does it have to be that exact size? For example I needed a sleeve to put in my frame to accommodate a 25mm seat post in a 28mm hole and the solution cost 48p from Toolstation being a 28mm Speedfit pipe insert.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

The 16mm is fairly critical as that does go into a hole, the 8mm could be 10mm, the 25 could be 30, the 3 could be 5, I ave found a guy on ebay who makes sleeves & sent him a message but waiting for a response.

Edit:- @sleuthey on your suggestion I searched for 'custom lathe' found another couple of people so sent them messages Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Scratch around on the internet using "flanged bush" or "top hat bush" as search terms. I'm pretty sure you should be able to buy something off the peg but it may require a bit of sleuthing. Good luck.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I sold my lathe and milling machines last year, otherwise no probs.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

That's amazing. I may have to PM you to get the details in the not too distant future.
By all means, I sent him the rough sketch from above as it was 14mm not 16mm & I need 8mm clearance not 8mm,
Thats a good price from an individual or jobbing shop, it is about what I would charge, take their arm off for it if they agree.
Yep he agreed, expecting delivery any day soon, from what they guy who gave me his details said was he's a retired engineer keeping his hand in in his shed

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
By all means, I sent him the rough sketch from above as it was 14mm not 16mm & I need 8mm clearance not 8mm,
Yep he agreed, expecting delivery any day soon, from what they guy who gave me his details said was he's a retired engineer keeping his hand in in his shed
You are extremely fortunate to have found him. Well done!

Top Bottom