Anyone got the Jorvik 24inch Tricycle.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stearman65

After much soul searching, I am selling my Triaid Tracer semi mobility trike. The nearest I can find to my spec' & budget is the Jorvik Dutch Style tricycle. my spec' being, must fold & fit in my car, must have gears, seller must be in the disabilty vat refund scheme, must be under £400. Has anyone on here had one of these or know anyone who has.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331858970401?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
upload_2016-8-11_7-7-34.png

Personally I feel these trikes are so terrible that I don't consider them to be any sort of competition to what I sell. I cannot, in all honesty recommend them.

My best selling trike, the Pashley Tri-1 7 speed retails for £765. Plus delivery.

Its not a disability product as such, so doesn't qualify for zero rated VAT.

Your best bet is to find yourself a used example. They come up on ebay all the time, and £400 will get you a very tidy one.

I really wouldn't recommend buying a Yorvic.

OP
OP
stearman65

stearman65

My wife has a Pashley Tri-1 she loves it,I would suggest you go and have a look at one,they don't tend to get misused so second hand should be ok.
Thanks Further, Yes I've already looked at the Pashley, I even have an agent locally in Formby, unfortunately they are quoting 6 weeks delivery & it's almost double my budget. There is also an agent in Manchester so I've emailed them to see if they could improve on delivery.

After much soul searching, I am selling my Triaid Tracer semi mobility trike. The nearest I can find to my spec' & budget is the Jorvik Dutch Style tricycle. my spec' being, must fold & fit in my car, must have gears, seller must be in the disabilty vat refund scheme, must be under £400. Has anyone on here had one of these or know anyone who has.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331858970401?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:blush:T
View attachment 138925

I don't think Yorvik should offer those trikes with zero rated VAT either since it is not a 'product designed for the exclusive use of someone with a disability'. It's a tricycle.

OP
OP
stearman65

stearman65

So, if they can do it, why can't Pashley? Or do you like paying VAT?

It's about following the VAT rules. Yorvik seem to be setting themselves up for a massive liability to the tax man by offering these trikes with zero rated VAT since the trikes do not appear to be a disability product. The tax man is the last person you want to mess with. Maybe they like living dangerously, they certainly seem happy to play fast and loose with quality assurance and customer relations from what I've read in Mr. Paul's thread.

Haydena

Regular
When I checked with vat that I could have the VAT EXEMPTION Jorvik Trikes offer, the officer said yes I can but he doubted they could offer it, I would state this in a court of law and our call was recorded and noted at the vat office. Sadly Sadly I have become a victim of a faulty trike kit and their bullying tactics, but they have picked on the wrong person as I will take the correct administrative action if I do not get a refund.

Haydena

Regular
Hello Mr Paul and I feel a little better since I found this wonderful forum. I am compiling all the information so as to simplify my unfortunate purchase and it will be freely available so as to help people make their own minds up. Jorvik were friendly at the start but once you challenge them because of poor service and product, they come back with the following.....

Dear Mr Hayden,

The owner is not in the office today.

We are having to put this in writing due to the previous threats to our company and now need to document all conversations. We do take your threats of slander about our company very serious and are monitoring the situation carefully.

Their warped interpretation of me challenging them has uncovered their true colours and I am in the process of researching all my options, thankfully there are many. In the above extract from an email, they are saying that I am committing slander by sharing my experiences with others and by challenging their practices, this is ridiculous.

I have spent £200 in labour and of my own money trying to get the trike to work correctly using their free parts which they say are a gesture of good will but I believe are actually an admission of a faulty trike in the box. I have a manual mission trike for me and my little dog Reginald and have had many miles of pleasure and fun along the way, but my new journeys encumber hills and so the need for an electric trike, The Jorvik was fine to start with but then started showing problems very quickly.

Lets speak again soon and thank you for your interest kind regards H

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Thanks Further, Yes I've already looked at the Pashley, I even have an agent locally in Formby, unfortunately they are quoting 6 weeks delivery & it's almost double my budget. There is also an agent in Manchester so I've emailed them to see if they could improve on delivery.

You didn't seem to mind spending what must have been around a grand on the recumbent. Just wondering.

Last edited:

Haydena

Regular
[QUOTE 4523933, member: 45"]Don't be frightened of them. It appears to be run by a couple who have little knowledge of bikes and just ship very poor quality bikes from the far east and straight out to their victims.

They threaten all sorts. The law is on your side.[/QUOTE]
You are a breath of fresh air and I have just videoed the juddering electric wheel which for me is the icing on the cake as to the quality of the trike plus everything else. People tell me that I am not perfect but instead considerate and honest which I expect in return from others especially when I spend over £1000 with them.
speak soon H

Top Bottom