Anyone had a clothes 'clear out' in recent years ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I do find that buying cheap clothes are something of a waste. My very few items of more expensive stuff (Levis, Next, Ralph Lauren) are still looking better than my newer cheap stuff (e.g. £10 jumpers and jeans from eBay). It is annoying when one's weight fluctuates though, and you pretty much have to have 2 sets of clothes in different sizes.

I also tend to look at January sales etc and buy clothes that are out of season e.g. a couple years back I bought some smart trousers from Next reduced from £46 to £11

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've decided to part with a purple Asda/George v neck merino wool jumper I've had, but hardly worn since I bought it in 2008. It has a hole in and had lost most of its shape, but parting with such things, even when hardly worn and now seen by me as 'low budget' items, is quite difficult. I think I need someone to either hold my hand, or at least be with me when I put it in that Salvation Army clothes skip. :unsure:

I have clothes that are still being worn by me that are older than my 24 year old daughter and I am proud of it .
My daughter’s almost 23, & l remind her of a similar fact
Granted, some aren’t worn consistently, due to fluctuations in weight/size
As it’s presently too warm to wear my waxed jacket for dog-walking, that’s undertaken in a Jack Wolfskin waterproof coat that was bought for a trip to Canada, in 1998

I think my oldest clothing possession is probably a sheepskin flying jacket, that dates to about 1987/1989?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I chucked every single one of my socks that had holes before Christmas. The replacement ten pairs cost about £10 on Ebay, and I was given another four pairs by Father Christmas.

Let's face it, life doesn't get much better than that, does it?

You need to treat yourself and go sock shopping in Primark. They sell great socks but only for the experience if anything.

Top Bottom