Anyone have a 35mm (SLR) collecting dust/surplus to requirements?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Dears
Asking as my Daughter is looking for one for photography fun. I used to have several but gave them away years ago, Zenit, Practica, Fuji, Nikons...now of course younger daughter is interested in getting one.
There are loads online of course, but rather get one with a known careful owner. Doesn't have to be an SLR necessarily, an Olympus trip or similar might be fine.
Cheers
Fabbers

Send her along to here. Probably the best forum on any topic anywhere on the internet. Puts certain other forums (fora???) to shame.

A wealth of knowledge and experience.

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/

Basil.B

Guru
I have two a Nikon FM2 and Nikon FE2 both black bodies.
Not used either for about 20 years, though I think I will keep them.
Might be worth a few bob.

Landsurfer

Veteran
Ive got a pair of Practica SLR'S , both in perfect working condition with lens .. happy to sell one ...

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I have two a Nikon FM2 and Nikon FE2 both black bodies.
Not used either for about 20 years, though I think I will keep them.
Might be worth a few bob.
Many many moons ago, when I was a technical writer on Amateur Photographer, I had the run of the toy cupboard, and was allowed to borrow anything that caught my fancy. After trying many different models from many different makers, I settled on the FE2 as my favourite. Fantastic machine - lovely to use, superb results, and absolutely bulletproof. I'd hang onto them too!

figbat

Slippery scientist
I liked the FE2 for the high flash sync speed, I think 1/2000 sec?
I thought it was 1/250? Still fast for a single-strobe flash.

stephec

Legendary Member
Sorry lads, I'm a Canon EOS girl ^_^

Still got my EOS 5.

Now, if you *REALLY* want a film-shooting challenge, get a medium format (120 / 620) box. You have to work out your framing from an image that's upside down and back to front - doesn't half make you think about what you're doing...
You could be lazy and stick a prism finder on though.

figbat

Slippery scientist
Always wanted an F1 but would have settled for an FM2...but budgets....
The first SLR I used was a Nikon F. I studied Photography at ‘O’-level and needed a film camera to work with - my aunt said she had one I could borrow. She then presented me with a Nikon F with a 35mm lens plus a 180 f/2.8 lens. Sadly I had to give it back, but I did get the ‘O’-level. That camera would survive a nuclear strike.

Top Bottom