Anyone having a "cycling" holiday this year?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

subaqua

What’s the point
Same here, we spent Easter just on the edge of the new forest, but didn't do any cycling as the family aren't into it. The weather was fantastic too.

not specifically cycling holiday , but fopr the first time ever all 4 bikes are going to cornwall with us for the 2 weeks we have there every year.

youngest sprogs bike had the trailgator fitted this weekend so we can ride the trails down by redruth/ camborne. not too far from Newquay so might be able to pop down there on bikes .
need to check Bodmin and wenford railway lets bikes travel on the service and we can get up onto the camel trail.

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
Next week :smile:

Being driven up to the Lakes, setting up tent, Mrs Cisamcgu and Miss Cisamcgu then leave me to my own devices for 6 whole days with bike, walking boots, maps and..well....absolutely nothing else to do - :biggrin: :biggrin: :tongue:

I very nearly won the bike holiday battle this year but I think I've lost it now, so I'll have to regroup and try again next year. Perhaps I'll just book it without telling them. It's these folks I fancy, have done for a while http://www.bretonbikes.com/.

Other than that, the bikes always come with us on holiday and I might make a break for a few days by myself but it's no more than a half formed plan.

Scrap this. In a last ditch attempt I won out and all have agreed to do a weeks cycling and then a weeks lazing. Need to find out about availability now and book it before they change their mind.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
My wife isn't into cycling, but she's well educated (she can name riders in the Tour, knows an MTB from a road bike, and crucially, can spot a new bike in my fleet), but that doesn't stop us from having a cycling holiday. We go to the Alps in July, I get up early at 6am ish, and ride one of a number of routes, usually back by 11am for a full day of whatever.

No need to deny yourself some amazing experiences because your other half/family don't share your enthusiasm.

Exactly

Roadkill

We started by planning a Bilbao to Caen epic for me and the boys (13 & 16) which has now morphed in to 10 days in the Netherlands including my wife.

Flatness, distance and route by concensus, hot showers, thick sleeping mats and a big tent were all included in brokering the deal. There is also a hotel fund in the event of bad weather...

Ferry from Newcastle to Amsterdam, then we cycle with the wind at our backs (another point of negotiation) and follow our noses.

Have bought panniers for them and I'll be using the trailer... all very excited / apprehensive!

Top Bottom