Anyone heard/read anything negative about the TdF in London?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbyers

Arrived at Entrance to Hyde Park at Marble Arch to find it taped off, police emptying park and telling everyone to vacate the area. Turned out to be a suspect package and not.............

But for one awful moment I thought the worst.

After that the whole weekend was :?: :rolleyes: :?: :8: :sad: :biggrin:

giant man

Great days both in London and Kent, i echo the comments about it being brilliantly organised (Well done Ken!) and the weather helped of course.

Got sunburnt both days - doh! - but apart from that great time!

Monty Dog

There's a letter in today's Times from some bloke in Essex complaining that as road cycling wasn't part of our 'heritage' then we shouldn't be pandering to it. I didn't realise that Sunday's stage had kinked north, crossed the Thames - inconvenienced some bloke in Harlow in a Volvo trying to get to the garden centre/DIY store before heading back to Canterbury.

ChrisKH

Guru
Monty Dog said:
There's a letter in today's Times from some bloke in Essex complaining that as road cycling wasn't part of our 'heritage' then we shouldn't be pandering to it. I didn't realise that Sunday's stage had kinked north, crossed the Thames - inconvenienced some bloke in Harlow in a Volvo trying to get to the garden centre/DIY store before heading back to Canterbury.

No, Monty but I wish it had. :?:

Give me the blokes address and I'll go and have a 'word'.

Top Bottom