Anyone here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Do people actually drink baileys at home as in keep a supply of it? Don't like the stuff but always thought it was a going out drink in terms of marketing.

SamNichols

Kurt Vonnegut's Breakfast of Champions read by Stanley Tucci: I made a vital mistake this time. Normally I choose sort of ok stuff like Carl Hiaasen for story tapes, as it's ok enough to listen to, but can at least get me close to sleep. Ian Rankin, Janet Evanovich and Agatha Christie are also good for this purpose. Vonnegut's too good an author for audiobooks, it keeps me awake as I just want to absorb it.

Noodley

SamNichols said:
Kurt Vonnegut's Breakfast of Champions read by Stanley Tucci: I made a vital mistake this time. Normally I choose sort of ok stuff like Carl Hiaasen for story tapes, as it's ok enough to listen to, but can at least get me close to sleep. Ian Rankin, Janet Evanovich and Agatha Christie are also good for this purpose. Vonnegut's too good an author for audiobooks, it keeps me awake as I just want to absorb it.

Phone me. I'll get you to sleep within minutes. :smile:

Abitrary

I like Vonnegut, he's also one of those annoying authors that you feel like you have to read everthing he does though, because of themes and characters running through the books.

Didn't like Breakfast of Champions tooo much though, is that the one with Kilgore Trout?

Now we're talking, have you read Venus on the Half Shell by Kilgore Trout?

Abitrary

what pond???

OP
OP
Dayvo

Dayvo

just passin' through
I slept very well, but woke with a slight headache, and still enough Baileys to have a repeat evening soon.
I'm going to Oslo very early tomorrow morning so don't want to oversleep/chuck up before/during the journey.
A six-hour train journey from Stockholm to Oslo by train for £7.00.
Flight back on Sunday for £25.00.

twowheelsgood

Abitrary said:
I like Vonnegut, he's also one of those annoying authors that you feel like you have to read everthing he does though, because of themes and characters running through the books.

Didn't like Breakfast of Champions tooo much though, is that the one with Kilgore Trout?

Now we're talking, have you read Venus on the Half Shell by Kilgore Trout?

Yep, that's the main book he's in but he crops up many times a minor character, for example slaughterhouse 5.

BBC7 are/were doing a season of his books. There's a nice little tool called BBC2MP3 which is dead useful if you want to capture a complete series from "listen again" to your ipod/mp3 player and not rely on the beebs limit choice of podcasts (as my PC runs 24/7, I capture EVERYTHING off radio 4 and radio 7 and keep most of the comedy and book readings). You have to hack it a bit though as BBC7 didn't exist when it was written.

I'm still trying to get hold of a copy of the TV movie of Harrison Bergeron. I think I saw it once in the late 80s.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Back to the OP, getting drunk on Baileys I can imagine would leave you in a rather similar condition to the legend of Mark Almond and the two pints of spunk. In fact I think I'd rather drink two pints of spunk... :smile:

Flying_Monkey said:
Back to the OP, getting drunk on Baileys I can imagine would leave you in a rather similar condition to the legend of Mark Almond and the two pints of spunk. In fact I think I'd rather drink two pints of spunk... :smile:

Would that be a. cold or b. warm spunk?
If the answer is b. where would you get 2 pints of warm spunk from on a rainy thursday in newcastle? Hmmmm? xx(:blush:

Top Bottom