Anyone into teddy bears ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I have one that is 65+ years old.
Its nothing special ie no particular make.
Measures maybe 12".
Excellent condition as in not tatty or worn (apart from a glass eye missing ^_^.)
I know nothing about them but wonder if it is worth anything .

screenman

Legendary Member
Plenty to you if you have kept him that long, none of our large collection will ever be sold in our lifetime that is for sure.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Plenty to you if you have kept him that long, none of our large collection will ever be sold in our lifetime that is for sure.
I dont have a collection but I do have a rather special one (to me ^_^).
It is 50 years old. Large and cuddly.
AND its red and white.
His name is Emlyn.
Bought for my daughter and named after the late, great Emlyn Hughes of LFC fame.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
No - there are so many of them about. Even bibles that are hundreds of years old are only worth a few pounds for the same reason.
The only teddy bears that make any money are the ones with a Steiff button in the ear.
Thanks..... that's pretty much what I expected to hear.

stephec

Legendary Member
I knew you were old Dave, but not this old. 😂

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
I knew you were old Dave, but not this old. 😂

View attachment 561874
Are you deaf?? I said TEDDY BEARS !!!

oldwheels

Legendary Member
My wife got these at a Trade Fair but we retailed them at £99 some years ago. These ones she kept to represent her Stornaway uncles. Sorry about the cluttered background. Made with Harris Tweed in Aberdeen.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
The neighbour asked to put some overflow rubbish in my bin and Tedmund Ted's head poked out of the top of the bag so I rescued him.

(I could have sworn that Glayva bottle was full the last time I looked:ohmy:)

simongt

Guru
The GLW is a teddy bear nut; last count was around 150 with our most wee one being about 2cm. tall and the biggest one needing a large corner shelf all to himself - ! :eek: We've even rescued ones from the gutter having been dropped or chucked there by unfeeling humans; quick bath and as good as new - ! ^_^

Top Bottom