Anyone keep written records of rides?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
No - all recorded online and on spreadsheets.

I do, however (as an aside), have a heap of small log books for all the climbs/hikes I have completed in the mountains each year - these go back over 4 decades and they are great to look at every now and again.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
I did for the first 3-4 years after buying the tourer. I kept trip, avg and max speeds at the end of each ride. At the back of the book I kept dates of odo readings and a list of parts I'd bought and when I bought them. Dates of servicing were kept too.
And all in a nice Moleskine book. There's 2 of them now. All written with a Parker Jotter I'd had since leaving school.
I got out of the habit some time ago. Not sure why though. I like reading through old journals :smile:

snorri

Legendary Member
I have recorded details of tours of more than a few days duration and find it very interesting to revive memories long after the event.
The emphasis is on the places passed through, interesting people met, excerpts of conversations, running repairs and my state of mind as the tour progressed rather than my cycling performance or lack of. I did record the odo reading at the end of each day but not times or avg speeds etc.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
I quite like the idea. My records are all in tabulated Word doc form, but whenever my computer is on the blink, I do keep a log book until the PC is restored. It is quite nice to look back over records, and to use them to set targets for subsequent years. I use Strava for route planning only .....I have records going back 10 years and 22,000 miles, but according to Strava, I have never ridden a bike at all.

Pre digital age, I used to keep the plots of possible routes, drawn on paper OS maps, with different colour pens / crayons used for route alterations. I did enjoy that, but digital stuff is far more convenient, so I’ve only used those for the past few years.

Drago

Legendary Member
Ive logged every ride since 2011 on Garmin. Garmin connect let's you upload photos to each activity now, which is nice.

This is a lovely little notebook though.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
I use this for all my rides. I also have a spreadsheet for each bike. Strava is automatically uploaded every ride I do with my Wahoo.

238A0F07-0198-4146-A50F-841807A137EA.jpeg

Old jon

Guru
One spreadsheet for the two bikes here, not bothered about speeds, just a rough note of the route. Distance per consumable and per ride lets me know which tyres last longest and boring stuff like that. Another spreadsheet for the Caloi in Brazil, out of interest really. I do not know if I will ride any significant distance there, but if I do, the record has been started. And a couple of Word documents, which are my posts in Your Ride Today, on here.

Top Bottom