Anyone know anything about GRAHAM WEIGH tourers?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Looks like we don't - sorry!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
It looks ok though I don't know of them. Normal kit on it and I expect he bought in the frame. At that price you probably can't go wrong.

OP
OP
Davidc

Davidc

Guru
Thanks for the replies.

I haven't heard of it either, but looks a reasonable bike at the price if it stays about there.

ASC1951

Guru
I have a Graham Weigh road frame about 5 years old (although it was old stock, so maybe 7-8 years since manufacture). Mine is Reynolds 853 tubing and very nicely put together indeed - good quality all round and perfect welds. Assuming the one on Ebay hasn't been damaged you can expect a very reasonable piece of kit.

My only criticism is that the top tube is shorter* than on equivalent frames, but that is my fault not theirs - I could have found that out before I bought it.

Have you looked at their website? http://grahamweighcycles.co.uk/shop/

*but maybe not on their tourer. Check.

OP
OP
Davidc

Davidc

Guru
ASC1951 said:
I have a Graham Weigh road frame about 5 years old (although it was old stock, so maybe 7-8 years since manufacture). Mine is Reynolds 853 tubing and very nicely put together indeed - good quality all round and perfect welds. Assuming the one on Ebay hasn't been damaged you can expect a very reasonable piece of kit.

My only criticism is that the top tube is shorter* than on equivalent frames, but that is my fault not theirs - I could have found that out before I bought it.

Have you looked at their website? http://grahamweighcycles.co.uk/shop/

*but maybe not on their tourer. Check.

Yes, but they don't seem to do any tourers any more, let alone own-brand.

I've been keeping an eye on ebay (and other) sources of 2nd hand bikes and if it stays at this price looks a possible good deal.

Prices seem to be a bit high at present - probably because it's spring!

Thanks for the comment.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Davidc said:
Yes, but they don't seem to do any tourers any more, let alone own-brand.

I've been keeping an eye on ebay (and other) sources of 2nd hand bikes and if it stays at this price looks a possible good deal.

Prices seem to be a bit high at present - probably because it's spring!

Thanks for the comment.

Prices are high for s/h and new bikes. The s/h market price hikes might well be buoyed by the steep prices rises for new bikes.

There are bargains to be had. You just have to be patient.

OP
OP
Davidc

Davidc

Guru
vernon said:
Prices are high for s/h and new bikes. The s/h market price hikes might well be buoyed by the steep prices rises for new bikes.

There are bargains to be had. You just have to be patient.

That one has now gone above my budget. I think you're right on both points. I also wonder whether demand has increased because people are looking for lower cost transport. (My experience is that cycling never saves anything but never mind that!).

Fortunately I'm not in a hurry as I can do most of what I want on the mtb for this year so I'll just be keeping eyes open.

Top Bottom