Anyone know Lever Park, Nr Chorley?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Night Train

Maker of Things
I have to meet someone at Lever park but I have no idea where the main entrance and car park would be nor a good place to meet.

Does any one in the North West know it well enough to help me out? I don't really want to have to waste the time or fuel to go and have recce. If you can stick a pin in the Google map it would be most helpful.

Thank you.
NT

Most people meet in the bushes on the left hand side.

yenrod

Night Train said:
I have to meet someone at Lever park but I have no idea where the main entrance and car park would be nor a good place to meet.

Does any one in the North West know it well enough to help me out? I don't really want to have to waste the time or fuel to go and have recce. If you can stick a pin in the Google map it would be most helpful.

Thank you.
NT

Yeah Night, i've raced up there and rode too - nice area...

If your arriving from Wigan take the B5238...the reason I know that road No. is because its invariably a 5ml climb....

Once you get into Horwich you'll see a small roundabout, after you turn left, then go straight on but go right after the RA.

Take the 1st right though, as you go thru some gates sort of like, and the road winds up to the park...and its quite pretty.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en...=53.602361,-2.55637&spn=0.00319,0.010772&z=17

If you've got big legs ride thru Horwich towards Bolton but do a left after quite a way and go up to Winter Hill - SERIOUS SERIOUS climb that...

You can find that road by zooming out on the link.

Great riding up that way', bytheway!

yenrod said:
Yeah Night, i've raced up there and rode too - nice area...

]

Typo, yenners? ;)

yenrod

Patrick Stevens said:
Typo, yenners? ;)

No Patrick; I've raced and I've rode the area too...

One of my favourites actually within riding distance !

Cant see the typo at all !

The other fave being North Wales to Llanberis area..

OP
OP
Night Train

Night Train

Maker of Things
Cheers Yenrod. Looks good for a ride but too far for me to cycle all the way yet. May take the bike on the back of the car next time, can't do it this time round though.

Globalti

Legendary Member
If you go late in the day on an MTB there's some fantastic cheeky riding around that area....

Top Bottom