Anyone know of any 3 beds to rent

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
We've been looking for a home to rent lately and as long as you have no pets, you shouldn't have much of a problem.

www.rightmove.co.uk is where most of the letting agents in the country seem to list their current listings. Also, if you pop to your local council, they should furnish you with a list of all letting agents in the area.
Good luck, there are a lot of houses for rent right now, according to our council, they say that its a UK wide thing.

Also, don't forget to check gumtree several times a day. A lot of landlords who don't use the big agents advertise on their. It might also be worth your while sticking a 'wanted' card in a few local post offices in the area.

Saluki

Even if on benefit, the council should help with the first months rent and the deposit as long as you have lived in the area for 6 - 12 months (depending on the council)

while the above is true, some letting agents advise their landlords against letting to people on JSA or benefits due to the minority who are hard to get the payments from and can be a nuisance.

it's the unfortunate trust issue, the landlord doesn't know you and doesn't want the hassle of a waste of space tenant, I'm aware that there are many people who have fallen on hard times due to their employer having shut up shop and would be lovely tenants, but at the moment the letting agents stand in the way of finding out the information to 'take the risk'

having lived in 5 rental properties in my life, ask awkward questions of the agent when looking round, if they're a bit useless / avoiding the question they might continue that as an agent when you're trying to get something fixed etc. Most will try and answer.

Saluki

When we were on benefits, we asked the council to pay our landlord directly. He was perfectly happy with that. We were too as we knew that the rent was being paid and we didn't have to worry about it.

Oldspice

keep in mind it can take a couple of weeks for the benefit office to pay the landlord and also trying to find out if the rent will get paid and how much the benefit office will pay can be to much hassle for some landlords.

As I said, it is the few who make it a problem for the rest.

Its easier if you become reliant on benefits during the tenancy as the letting agents and landlord know that it's just a stop-gap in your regular life, they're trying to avoid the small number of people who make a career of benefits causing a problem.

craven2354

What is your budget per month I live in Tameside myself and know a few estate agents

Brains

Legendary Member
keep in mind it can take a couple of weeks for the benefit office to pay the landlord and also trying to find out if the rent will get paid and how much the benefit office will pay can be to much hassle for some landlords.

Utter F****ing nightmare trying to get payments on time and for the correct amount from local councils, hence the reason why almost no landlords or agents will touch people on DSS/JSA or whatever payments with a barge pole

Top Bottom