Anyone know of any 3 beds to rent

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ASC1951

Guru
Utter F****ing nightmare trying to get payments on time and for the correct amount from local councils, hence the reason why almost no landlords or agents will touch people on DSS/JSA or whatever payments with a barge pole
I think that is a little unfair. Most of my nearby councils manage to get housing benefit out on time and for the correct amount, provided you have consistent earnings. They don't if your wage fluctuates unpredictably, but that is the fault of the regulations rather than the council's slackness.

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
I'll have a word with him when I see him see if he has anything for you
Cheers mate

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Would he not be eligible for housing association/council house?
Apparently, despite moving because of violence from one ha property with 3 bed (that the alledgily violent party has been allowed to remain in) and having residency of one child and the other child staying over night every other weekend, the HA say I'm not priority and would only get a 2 bed anyway, that's not acceptable imho having 2 children (one boy, one girl) share the same room

Milo

Guru
I think our council has to house you in a three bed if you have one boy and one girl but I think it varies from place to place which is a shame. We have 2 boys one of which is from my partners ex so there is a 13 year gap between him and our baby which is not exactly ideal. Ho hum we get by can't really complain. Our house is tiny though.

ASC1951

Guru
I think our council has to house you in a three bed if you have one boy and one girl but I think it varies from place to place which is a shame.
I think they start with the same rules as for Local Housing Allowance, which are, nationally
one bedroom for each of the following:
  • a couple
  • a single adult or young person (aged 16 or over)
  • two children of the same sex aged 10 to 15
  • two children under the age of ten
  • any other child
although as you say there appears to be some local discretion

Oldspice

It would be different if the child was with you full time. Weekend on the couch isn't that bad plus the rent is cheaper with council.

Milo

Guru
I think they start with the same rules as for Local Housing Allowance, which are, nationally
although as you say there appears to be some local discretion
We are technically able to request 3 bed going by that then. Not that we want to move much it's a nice estate with nice neighbours and it backs on to countryside. If they move us we might end up surrounded by scumbags if we get unlucky. Rather not risk it tbh.

craven2354

Hello gb I have spoken to him today and he said he will have one coming available in a few weeks

His telephone number is 0161 222 9029 ask for moss

I'm sure he can help you out

Top Bottom