Anyone know of Phone network which will keep talk time for ever ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
My son, who has SLD so I look after this sort of thing for him, has Tesco PAYG. I top it up whenever necessary. Last time was Saturday of last weekend.
But does he actually use it, I think that was the issue with my parents :rolleyes:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
But does he actually use it, I think that was the issue with my parents :rolleyes:

Yes. He calls me regularly but during the periods when he chooses to use video messenger he might not use the phone for months. We once had £30 last nearly a year.

Slioch

Guru
GiffGaff

I have an old phone with a PAYG card from them for pretty much the same reasons as you want one. I stuck £10 credit on it a couple of years ago and it's still "live". I just need to send a text to or from the phone every couple of months or so to "prove" it's still live.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Out of touch with technology, are we? :whistle:
WhatsApp, Messenger, do not use data ^_^

That is because Mr Zuckerberg steals all the data from those apps

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Mr Nuts. Any chance you can come to our next Christmas party? Just to liven things up like :laugh:
I'm the original Billy no mates, I kid you not, had an accident at work followed by divorce most of my friend at work disappeared due to my disability nobody wanted to know, later just when things were getting better for me my mother had a stroke and I became her full time carer 24/7 for seven soul destroying years.
After that I had a few friend, but they just used me for their own convenience even my neighbour did and I saved her husband life twice (CPR), but later she stabbed me in the back, so I came to the conclusion I'm better on my own...........

OP
OP
BADGER.BRAD
O.k I'm a bit behind the times but remember having a cark91 hands free kit in my car as this also matched the hands free kit in the Truck I drove, This would take the Nokia 5110 or 5130 (plus a couple of other Nokia phones ) one was Vodafone and Cellnet and the other could use Orange and T-mobile (I think this was right) as there were two sets of Frequencies they could use and phones at the time were not dual band. My question is I use Vectone mobile at the moment (piggy back on EE) and am now thinking of a dual band phone ( separate to the emergency in left car phone) and using another sim on a completely different network on different frequencies in order to try and make sure I have a chance of getting a signal when in weak signal areas. Which opposite network would you recommend
or is it the case that they are all spread across various frequencies now anyway ?

Thanks for your advise

classic33

Leg End Member
On unlimited calls & texts at £5.98(Includes VAT) a month with Orange. There's 1GB of data as well.

Top Bottom